(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I know I'm not crazy. I was trying to bring this to the attention of the people of mediaportal but no one really paid me any mind made me feel like I was nuts. Please let me know if this gets fixed if in fact you are the one who will be fixing this although I'm not sure if this fix is up to you.

Tikker

Portal Member
June 5, 2006
somewhat related anyways, but how the heck do i blow away the bad EPG data that i imported while trying to get it the old format to work?

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tikker said:
    somewhat related anyways, but how the heck do i blow away the bad EPG data that i imported while trying to get it the old format to work?

1. Run Configuration.exe
    2. Click Television
    3. Click Program Guide
    4. Click "Remove all programs from TV database"

:)

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    broadband412 said:
    ... but no one really paid me any mind made me feel like I was nuts.
    I'm sorry but I'm not qualified to tell you if you are or are not nuts ;) I'll raise this in the dev channel and let you know any progress though.

broadband412

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    New Yrok
    LOL Thanks a million. This issue was really driving me away from mediaportal. I am glad that I have chosen to keep tabs on the progress of mediaportal as it is a fantastic app.

Tikker

Portal Member
    June 5, 2006
    bradsjm said:
    Tikker said:

1. Run Configuration.exe
    2. Click Television
    3. Click Program Guide
    4. Click "Remove all programs from TV database"

:)

I'm still not seeing anything imported into media portal at all :(

I know i've got zap2it set up properly because it imports into GB-PVR with no problems at all

in the logfile, it shows that I successfully nuked the old data
    6/7/2006 10:00:46 PM RemoveOldPrograms()
    6/7/2006 10:00:46 PM sql:DELETE FROM tblPrograms WHERE iEndTime < '20060606000000'
    6/7/2006 10:00:46 PM sql:DELETE FROM canceledseries where iCancelTime < '20060606000000'
    6/7/2006 10:00:46 PM RemoveOldPrograms done

then it looks like it's importing some stuff, but not the right stuff..

dinki

Portal Member
    June 7, 2006
    Thanks for the plugin. I'm new (check the post count!) and am trying to get everything set up. I have both basic cable tv and DirecTV. When I go into MP, I can see guide data for all my channels, but when I go to set up the DTV channels in MP (need to set it up to use composite in for each channel) via Setup TV->TV Channels I only see the cable channels. I tried to do an 'Import from tvguide' but it tries to read the tvguide.xml file that doesn't exist. Any ideas on how I can get my DTV channels to be recognized? I'm assuming that your plugin is bypassing the tvguide.xml file?

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    broadband412 said:
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I know I'm not crazy. I was trying to bring this to the attention of the people of mediaportal but no one really paid me any mind made me feel like I was nuts. Please let me know if this gets fixed if in fact you are the one who will be fixing this although I'm not sure if this fix is up to you.

You can do the following to fix this issue yourself for now. Edit the mytvguide.xml file in the skin you are using and replace line 171 with:
    Code:
    		<label>#TV.Guide.Title (#TV.Guide.EpisodeName)</label>
    Now you will have the title and then the episode name in parenthesis.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom