(original thread) US/Canadian/Mexico EPG Zap2it Plugin Released (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
Thanks a lot man. This really helps me out a ton when it comes to deciding which episodes of what shows to record.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Jonathan - Very nice!!

bradsjm said:
    broadband412 said:
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!! I know I'm not crazy. I was trying to bring this to the attention of the people of mediaportal but no one really paid me any mind made me feel like I was nuts. Please let me know if this gets fixed if in fact you are the one who will be fixing this although I'm not sure if this fix is up to you.

You can do the following to fix this issue yourself for now. Edit the mytvguide.xml file in the skin you are using and replace line 171 with:
    Code:
    		<label>#TV.Guide.Title (#TV.Guide.EpisodeName)</label>
    Now you will have the title and then the episode name in parenthesis.

dinki

Portal Member
    June 7, 2006
    I worked out my problems and all is well! Thanks for a great plugin.

One thing to note is that the (Repeat) checking seems to be out of sorts. I'm seeing some first run shows being flagged as repeats. For example, I saw that CBS Gameshow Marathon show being labeled as a repeat when it was actually a first run.

Thanks again!

bradsjm

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2005
    New York City, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    dinki said:
    I worked out my problems and all is well! Thanks for a great plugin.

One thing to note is that the (Repeat) checking seems to be out of sorts. I'm seeing some first run shows being flagged as repeats. For example, I saw that CBS Gameshow Marathon show being labeled as a repeat when it was actually a first run.

Thanks again!

Nice catch. The first run date for this episode in the data is 6-15-2006 but the show start time UTC is 6-16-2006 00:00Z. From additional forum reading it would appear the first run date is NOT UTC. I will, therefore, convert the start time to the local time before comparing with the first run date in the next build.

eric.c.mi

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2006
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks alot, this is a great plugin. Works flawlessly.

Perhaps in the future we might see the ability to "Show all new shows" in a list to easily setup your recordings for the next two weeks. That would make all the non zap2it user jealous as all hell i think.

keep up the great work.

eric.c.mi

Portal Pro
    March 11, 2006
    Michigan, USA
    I've got the plugin installed and its working great. I have a few questions.

Is it suposed to tell me when there is a (NEW) episode? Or does it just tell you when its a repeat and say nothing otherwise. So far i've only seen these two events. Repeat or nothing at all. I fast forwarded through the tvguide to monday, all the jerry springer, oprah, maury, ellen, judge judy type shows are new everyday however they are all marked as repeat.

Also, for all the folks who edited their tvguide.xml. I think it makes more sence to add the episode name to the episode description text rather than the show name.

search for this : "<description>Description1</description>" in mytvguide.xml in whichever skin you use. then just under that change

Code:
    <label>#TV.Guide.Description</label>

to

Code:
    <label>(#TV.Guide.EpisodeName)#TV.Guide.Description</label>

Is alot cleaner than adding it above.

let me know your thought about the new show issues. thanks.

opusnut

Portal Pro
    February 22, 2006
    Hi, first off love the plugin. Should help out alot of people! Here is what i have run into so far...

1. I have two tuner cards installed, one is HD and the other is bringing in most of my channels from my STB via the Svideo port. Now when the plugin renames the channels, it seems to asume they are internal channels and removes the Svideo mapping from the channel configuration. SO it would be great if you can check for this internal/external mapping during the renaming prossess and leave whatever settings are there.

2. I cant seem to get it to download my second lineup from Zap2It which contains all my OTA HD channels. Or if it is downloading it, it doesnt seem to want to import it.

thanx again...
    opusnut

broadband412

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    New Yrok
    opusnut, you are definately correct about the zap2it plugin assuming all channels are internal channels. This is extremly annoying. I have to manually set up all my channels to Composite each time the guide is updated. I really don't think it is a fault the zap2it plugin but mediaportal itself. I think it is rather annoying that one has to change each and every single channel to whichever imput they are using. Why can one just selected what imput they will be using such as internal tuner, internal tuner fixed channel, Composite, or Svideo? Mediaportal is a fantastic media center app but the way it handles configuration of how is your tv tuner hooked up in my opinion makes it not ready for prime time. Granted if I wanted to get something to work within mediaportal such as a plugin, I could. I keep mediaportal because I have everything else working such as music, radio, videos, I don't mind something complex but I don't like teadisnous.

opusnut

Portal Pro
    February 22, 2006
    ok so i have played with the plugin a little more and seemed to have worsend my situation. How is it that the plugin matches up existing channels against the ones from Zap2It to create the mappings?? Because i am now getting error messages for most of my channels saying it cant find a match, and the ones it is, it is totally mismatching. If it is matching up names, would it not be better suited matching channel numbers??

just a thought... hope there is a solution for these couple of bugs...

thanx..
    opusnut

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom