OSD/Navigation/Skipping not possible when watching TV recordings in fullscreen - Bug? (1 Viewer)

Yogiinulm

June 2, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: Win XP SP3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
HDD: WD 640GB, Samsung 280 GB, Seagate 180 GB
Memory: 1,5 GB DDR1
Motherboard: Epox EP-8K9A7I
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 5200
Video Card Driver: ForceWare 175.19
Sound Card: Soundblaster Audigy
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.514
1. TV Card: Technotrend TT-Connect 3650 CT
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid DVB-T, DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 1.0.3.8
2. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150
2. TV Card Type: analog (hw encoding)
2. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.250.73
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPC - MPEG-2 Video Decoder (Gabest) (from Mediaportal 1.0.2.0)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter (from Mediaportal 1.0.2.0)
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow tryouts revision 2527
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Chieftech
Cooling:
Power Supply: BE Quiet 350W Pure Power ATX2.2
Remote: hama MCE remote with KeyBoardInputPlugin 2.0
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

Hello MediaPortal community,

I've got a (quite annoying) problem/bug when watching TV recordings with the MyTV plugin.

The OSD not showing, and Navigation/Skipping not possible when watching TV recordings in fullscreen (intermittendly).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start MediaPortal in Fullscreen
  2. Click on "MyTV"
  3. Select "Recordings"
  4. Click on the TV recording
  5. Recording starts playing in fullscreen
  6. Screen aspect ratio starts to change without user input

Now if I try to skip forward or backward in the recording, nothing happens, the buttons are ignored.
Same with fastforward/rewind. Pressing the "Play" button though toggles pause on/off as expected.
The strange thing is, this issue occours intermittendly, I have not found out a pattern yet. I.e. sometimes watching recordings works like a charm, sometimes issue/problem as described. Quitting and restarting MediaPortal does not seem to solve the issue.

I have found a bug report which seems to match here.

Quote from there:

This is a small bug. It happens if you play a recorded Tv show and has the auto fullscreen option activated when you enter Tv Home section.
Start watching a recorded Tv Show, go from Tv Home Section to Fullscreen and then to the previous menu "back to Tv Section". this will be impossible cause it will go back to Fullscreen directly so you can't navigate anymore.

My questions:
- Is it the same bug?
- If yes, there should be a workaround by deactivating the auto fullscreen option.

Does this refer to the MediaPortal App started in fullscreen? If yes, I deactivated the option to start the MediaPortal App without fullscreen with no success.

If no, where can I deactivate the auto fullscreen option just for the Tv home section? I have looked everywehere and have no been able to locate it, probably overlooked it :oops:

Any help would be appreciated, it is a small bug but quite annoying for me. Without this bug I would have finally the perfect MediaPortal setup! :)

I have attached the logs just in case.

Thanks in advance,

Yogi.

Ah, by the way: I think this bug started to appear when I experimented with a dual monitor setup, now back to one screen again. I don't know if it is a coincidence though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom