Outdated skin warning on MP start up.

Discussion in 'Black Glass' started by SwissBuster, March 5, 2011.

1. SwissBuster

SwissBuster Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I played around with several skins (including BG 2.7.0 and BGN 1.4.0) and finally selected Black Glass Nova as my new skin.

Everything works fine, even the basic home editor. However, I get an annoying warning message that the "currently selected skin is outdated" when loading MediaPortal. I have the latest V1.4.0.0 installed so I don't understand where the message is coming from or how to remove it.

Any ideas?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pascal

Pascal Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    That message indicates a possible compatibility conflict between the skin and you version of mediaportal. It is recommended to update both to the latest version.

However, if you can live with this (and don't report skin issues ;-)) you can modify the references.xml file to match the version with your mediaportal installation.

4. SwissBuster

SwissBuster Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Wierd. For some reason, after a dozen reboots, the message disappeared today.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!