Outlook Mail Plugin (4 Viewers)

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

just little improvements on the surface and integrated Harley's hover of course :)
Could someone create the upper logo? Then it would be totally Blue3 compliant.
Have fun with it!

Sources can be found at Sourceforge

V0.7.2.6 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Rebuild for new Extension Manager

V0.7.2.5 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- minor optical improvements

V0.7.2.4 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- fixed RSS unread/read bug
- added Blue3wide skin, improved Blue3 skin

V0.7.2.3 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things you should know:
- Read the tooltips in the configuration window
- When switching between different Outlook profiles, Outlook closes and reopens again with the new profile. This takes a short time. (< 15sec normally)

Changes in this version:
- Added RSS support
- More configuration options
- Added multi user profile system (Multiple Outlook profiles possible)
- Skins: BlueTwo Wide now in 3 vertical parts; Blue3 (not perfect yet), Aeon Wide [thx to Joz!] ), Monochrome added
- Better performance especially for single users
- ger, en language support
Installation Requirements:
- If you are using Outlook 03 you need ExpressClickYes but if you are using Outlook 07 you don't!
- MPI from attachements

V0.6 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes in this version:
- Setup where u can set some favourite folders
- Made the skins and the graphics (BlueTwo wide + BlueTwo)
- Added read/unread state
- Delete mails and folders
- Some bug fixes
- Removed the security Killer, It just didn't work as I wanted

- If you are using Outlook 03 you need ExpressClickYes but if you are using Outlook 07 you don't!
- XPI from attachements

V0.2 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Plugin from Attachements

V0.1--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- You'll need the PIAs downloadable at Microsoft: click
- I recommend you using ExpressClickYes until I found a way killing that security warning :click
- and finally my Plugin: click

I hope the installation will be soon just the MPI and nothing else.. but for the first release that should do it!
Please note that using ExpressClickYes is a security risk!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please report bugs and give me requests for design and features! I also appreciate help on development, xml, graphics and so on!!!
:D

Attachments

• config.JPG
    config.JPG
    68.1 KB
  • profile.JPG
    profile.JPG
    47.4 KB
  • Menu.JPG
    Menu.JPG
    82.2 KB
  • normal.JPG
    normal.JPG
    156.9 KB
  • read.JPG
    read.JPG
    86.1 KB
  • Outlook Mail 0.6.1.mpi
    30.7 KB
  • Outlook Mail 0.7.2.5.mpi
    30.7 KB
  • Outlook_Mail_0.7.2.6.mpi
    30.7 KB

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Great work Epstone, not had time to test it yet(i will!) but this it's exactly what i need ;)

Regards
    Roy

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey Epstone,

I downloaded you're plugin (latest 0.6) but I can't seem to get it to work. Probably me doing something wrong / stupid.
    I got Outlook 2007 setup on Windows XP SP3 and I'm running MediaPortal 0.23. I'm using IMAP for email and it's not using any secure authenticication.
    I setup the port correctly (working in outlook) and the server's address.
    One thing I don't get is that I don't have to provide my e-mail address (although it makes sense since I'm just gonna read e-mail with it).
    The username for this account is not the same as the e-mail address as with some providers.

I tried to be as specific as possible. If you need me to provide any more information, feel free to contact me.

A fix will be greatly appreciated! This plugin is gonna make MediaPortal even more awesome!

Edit.
    Tried turning my firewall off completely, no luck.
    Most of the time while My Mail is the active window the topbar blocks me from seeing the statusmessages in the top (might want to place it somewhere else next build, just a suggestion).
    However I just saw a message stating "Connected to server" . However long I wait I never see any mail (Check mail is grayed out after clicking it for first time).
    Btw I'm 100% sure the login (username / password) is correct, as are all the settings. I tried different things (like e-mail is username, which it isn't) but no luck

Epstone

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2007
    Riedstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Joz,
    I hope I got you right:
    Are you mixing the "MyMail" Plugin with my "Outlook Mail" Plugin. The described setup is just available in MyMail! I dunno if the MyMail plugin also works for Imap, I just tried POP3 and MyMail until now.

In Outlook Mail you don't have to configure anything. It uses the Outlook settings. The config looks like this:

Attachments

• config.JPG
      config.JPG
      30.9 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey Epstone,

Thanx for the reply. You were right I did mix up MyMail with your plugin. I got it all setup now with my IMAP account.
    Looking forward to an update, the error message is kinda annoying, but hey no pressure :)

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom