Outlook Mail Plugin (5 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Epstone,

Created a 3 column layout for my widescreen. I kinda like it better this way, makes use of the complete screen.
I thought I'd share it with you, might want to add it sometime. Feel free to customize it anyway you'd like.
Not to much into skinning with MP yet, don't know if it'll be good on other resolutions besides mine (which is 1680x1050)

Attachments

• OutlookMail.xml
    30.6 KB

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi joz,

thanks for this suggestion. I'll try to optmize it and if it fits to my oppinion than I'll add it to the next version.
Or maybe I'll add a "Skin file select button" to the config for both layouts...

If you change the heigt there you can make the preview easily bigger.
Code:
<control>
      <description>textboxscrollup to preview Email Content</description>
      <type>textboxscrollup</type>
      <id>5</id>
      <posX>800</posX>
      <posY>100</posY>
      <width>550</width>
      <height>200</height> <-------------
      <label>Email Content:</label>
      <font>font13</font>
      <textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>
    </control>

In the last days I wasted a lot of time to create new xml files for viewing different item types.. but when I had done 90% I noticed, that it just slows down navigation. So I'll stay on one xml and just use the visibility option...

Seattle

Portal Pro
August 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
A really great plugin...

I have a new feature Request...

Multiple Accounts / Different Profiles (for the hole familiy - Password Protected (with a 4 digit PIN?)
Then you can use different accounts for different persons
You can create different accounts in the control panel - mail and use it with the outlook startparameter [outlook.exe /profile PROFILENAME]

Thx, SEA

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Seatle

tx! I haven't known that profile function before. So I'll see what I can do about that...
If its not possible to call a outlook profile, I could create a profile system for the plugin only, where you could assign different PST files to...

But I'll try your idea first.. would be less work!

Seattle

Portal Pro
August 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Seatle

tx! I haven't known that profile function before. So I'll see what I can do about that...
If its not possible to call a outlook profile, I could create a profile system for the plugin only, where you could assign different PST files to...

But I'll try your idea first.. would be less work!

Thanks for your reply. It is possible to call that Profiles in Outlook 97/98/2000/2003/2007, but not in the Express Editions.

For further details look here for 2007.. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP012185891033.aspx or How to use command line switches | HowTo-Outlook

Some switches different in some Versions, the /profile Switch works in all full versions...

Normally you don´t must use the full Path for the outlook.exe cause the the Path for all office products is in the PATH Variable which is inserted by the installation.

Another hint is when you start the Profile, set the Variable for Profile with Quotation marks to prevent an error message when a Profile is called with a blank.

Thanks for your help!

SEA

dakota_ii

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Epstone,

first of all Thanks a lot for your plugin.

Right now I am not sure that my problem has somethong to do with Seattle´s feature request:

I am using a microsoft exchange server. Therfore I created a profile for outlook 2003. Everytime I start Outlook I have to enter my password for the Exchange account.

From what I´ve seen so far your plugin gets confused with this password request. I set MP to always stay on top so the password request of OL stays in the background and kind of freezes MP.

Is there a way to fix this ? Maybe you can save the password in the configuration ?

Marcus

dakota_ii

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006
Epstone,

I would like to test your new version 0.7 but I can´t get it to work.

I tried to uninstall the prevoius version with MediaPortal Plugin-Skins Installer. Then I installed the 0.7. But when I open the configuration it does´t look like your screenshot in the first post.

Marcus

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

tx for trying ;)
If you still see the old config, please delete anything like "OutlookMail.dll" or "Outlook Mail Importer.dll" from your "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows" folder.
Then reinstall the 0.7 mpi again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom