Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello,

I have a simple question.. Can someone tell me the difference between this plugin and the plugin: "IMAP & Pop3 Email Manager" (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/plugin-imap-pop3-email-manager-72872/)

With that plugin, you doesn't have to use outlook as backend.. But, had the outlook plugin more features?

I'm no expert in either plugin, but I think it depends how you manage your email. IMAP-Pop3 is if you use mail online, while Outlook Mail is if you like to download it in Outlook. Why I say this is because when I was testing IMAP-Pop3 it marked all my emails read, because it accesses them from Gmail, so Outlook would not download them from Gmail after that. Outook Mail plugin accesses your local Outlook data. It's nice to have the choice for different users.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Epstone - is there any skin property I can use to display the current folder displayed? I have many mail folders and sometimes I forget which one I am in ;) and have to go back up to see which folder I am viewing. If not, if you ever update the plugin again, is that easy to add?

BTW, you might get a bit more usage if you added Outlook Mail to the MP Plugins Download Repository, especially as there is nothing listed there under System > Email extensions.

Epstone

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2007
    Riedstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Dadeo,
    it should be a very small change only and I've got no idea if there is a skin property allready. It might take a few days as I'm in other projects right now and no longer using this plugin myself. Thanks for the request and the download repository suggestion.
    Epstone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom