Outlook Mail Plugin (1 Viewer)

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Joz,
could you make a screenshot of the error, I still don't get it why or when it actually appears...
Thanks!

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sure can. You helped me out so it's the least I can do :)

I made a screen shot of multiple parts of the error. At the beginning it says (in dutch, so I'll just translate it for you) "Method not found:" and then the error message scrolls thru the window (that's why I made a couple of screenshots).
It happens everytime I open Outlook Mail. It also happens when I click on "My Inbox" or the favourite one I got in there (PostvakIn is what I called it).

Hope this'll help you

Edit:

I'll check this thread from time to time. If you need me to provide any other information or screenshots, don't hesitate to ask

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    75.3 KB

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Oh..k I have no idea atm where the error exactly could be.
Are you using the 0.2.3.0 version from here SourceForge.net: Files ?
Maybe it is just to old...

But what you should try at first is the small programm in the attachements. If you see an email body of a mail, the bug is not the outlook interface.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I just tried your program and it works. However when I change the mail nr to anything other than 1 it says "Mail error, the boundry of the matrixindex has been exceeded" (translated from dutch). Probably some array which is fed an index which it doesn't have.
Maybe this is expected behaviour, dunno.

Edit:

I'm a programmer myself (mostly Java and PHP. But I did some C# and .Net at school) and well the error's kinda obvious, the method which is been called is not available at that time. Probably some error in the flow of your program (or in MP 0.2.3.0).
Like an assembly which isn't loaded at that time or something like that (does that make sense? maybe in PHP, don't think so in .Net).

btw I'm using 0.2.3.0 The final stable release (last one before 1.0). Still using this version since I don't seem to get 1.0 setup properly. Didn't spend much time trying to make the 1.0 work...

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
yes, that is just the Mail number of your inbox. If you have just 1 mail there you'll get an error with "2".

EDIT: is it to much work for you to update to MP RC1? Don't kill your whole config for my plugin ;)
cause then I'll take the laptop from 5m away and try it with 0.2.3.0
EDITEDIT: grr Edits don't help.. Ill take the other laptop and try it.
The function which is not there, is not mine... thats y I think its a MP thing

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The thing is, it totally screwed up my system the last time I installed it. I got Visual Studio 2008 and MySQL installed on this machine and it seems to interfere with MP 1.0 installation.
This machine's installation is kinda special anyways. I always use nLite to do some adjustments and integrations.
Besides that I got a shitload of dev. tools installed (PHPed, Netbeans, couple of mobile emulators, activesync, virtual PC etc.)

I can live with the error for know so don't worry about it to much. I'd appreciate a fix for 0.2.3.0 (since it's probably related to MP and not your plugin) but I can live without one.
Next time when I'm going to do a fresh install of Windows I'll try 1.0 again and get back to you if the problem is resolved or not.

edit:
if it may help in anyway: I have XP SP3 installed with all the crap that comes with it (.net 3.5, silverlight, fixes etc.)

EDITEDIT: grr Edits don't help
Sorry 'bout that. I'm kinda used to post a message, then read through my message (since it's easier to read that way) and make some adjustmenst here and there...

I was thinking about this error thing. Isn't it possible to just surpress the error message (so it doesn't show, A silent fail you might say)?
Or is this outside of the scope of the plugin? (is there some errorhandling in MP which you can't influence?)
Maybe I'll take a nose dive into the source of your plugin sometime but it's been a while since i've done any C# programming (I assume it's written in C#).
I'll have to get started with C# anyways sometime soon for job purposes so that might be a nice experience.

Btw if you have any experience with mobile dotNet and creating installers (cab, pwi, pocketpc and smartphone) or links on the subject, please enlighten me :)

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
np about the EDITs, I do that aswell all the time

I made a small step, cause I can also see now your error msg. And it is the 0.2.3.0 version. I almost built a new dll, but then I faced that a small thing (call listview items by index) is not there where it should be.... so just give me a few minutes. I hope I find it soon...

EDIT:
Hey Joz,
look at first post plz! Just overwrite the dll in the plugins folder... but I had to disable the "delete" function as I couldn't fix the ResetID function. You should try to get a new version soon ;)
gn8!

EDITEDIT: no sry, no experience in pocket pcs and .Net here yet...

Wolfseye

July 7, 2008
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
i tried to make it work but it says that my skin misses some .xml file for that to display. Then mp crashed. i am using the blue wide skin. any ideas ?

Thanks

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Let me jump in there. Encountered same problem and just got it from somewhere else and started tweeking the layout.
In the attachment is what i've got so far. It works ok for me (1680x1050 res), thinking 'bout making it a 3 column layout some time.

To install this bit of skin:
Download attached file.
Move the file to the mediaportal\skin\BlueTwo wide folder
run mediaportal.

Attachments

• OutlookMail.xml
    30.6 KB

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
ohps.. tx joz
Don't make yourself to much work, I have to redesign the plugin, cause I also want to read the rss msgs with it in future. During development I just used Outlook 03 and focused on Emails. But now I have the 07 version and I like its features ;)
So I'll build different xml pages soon for different types. Mail and rss at first. There are other good plugins allready available for calender and contact items. We'll see....

Wolf, you also need the graphic files, just download the pack from first post and please tell if its working right!

EDIT: omg.. now I know what you're talking about.. :/ wrong skinfile, it was allready done.. its just the wrong one in the mpi sry.
EDITEDIT: Fixed the skin thing... New mpi will come soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom