Outlook Mail Plugin (2 Viewers)

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
yes, you need a configured Outlook 03 or 07. There are also Plugins for imap and pop3 but nothing for exchange as far as I know. :/

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Outlook Mail Plugin

I recompiled the extension against RC 1 and created the package for the new extension installer. Sorry, no new features ;)

Please test and give some feedback!!! To test the package remove the tick "Show only stable releases" in the extension installer...

Cheers
Epstone

siva

Portal Member
August 7, 2005
Moscow
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi Epstone

Did You plan to add Contacts, Tasks and Notes to "Menu Buttons"?

Regards,
Siva.

djLyli

Portal Pro
June 3, 2010
Opole Lub.
Home Country
Poland Poland
Please, if anyone would be able to create a file under the skin outlookmail.xml glas black nova. I tried but I'm in this really bad.

Epstone

Portal Pro
March 10, 2007
Riedstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany

hey,
I've recompiled the plugin for 1.2 RC and you can install the beta through the extension installer.

Sadly I'm seeing a view problems here with my gmail imap account and Outlook 2010:
- Text in Listcontrol is flickering or even not available
- Sometimes the "view email" controls are not visible
- Body of unread imap mails is empty (could possibly resolved through disable setting "download headers only")
- Email preview is currently disabled

This sounds quite buggy and as I'm no longer using the plugin I won't invest more hours on this stuff. Also I'm suspecting MP to be partially involved in bug #1 and #2?

Maybe pop3 and exchange accounts are displayed fine.
Any help or bug confirming is appreciated!
br

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Epstone:

V0.7.2.7 installed fine in 1.2.0 RC. Display is OK here using pop3 and Outlook 2007.

EDIT: Well almost ;) Text preview (<id>3</id>) does not work in Default or any skins I tried. My IMAP account works OK (except for text preview as well). So the issue you have may be with Office 2010?

Epstone

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2007
    Riedstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Oh, okay. Thank you for testing Dadeo!

Sorry, I wasn't that clear... The mail preview is disabled in code currently, because I had even more problems with it during my tests.

So maybe just my PC or Outlook 2010 is causing those problems I don't know how to resolve -.-
    I'll enable the preview again and publish a new version soon.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Epstone

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2007
    Riedstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,
    I didn't even know that there is another mail plugin.
    The Outlook plugin is there because when I developed it, there was just the "myMail" plugin out which didn't work right for me.

The OM plugin might have the advantage that it uses your allready configured email client. Also you could read your Outlook RSS feeds... As I'm using Gmail and Google Reader today, I'm only recompiling it now and then for those who are still interested. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom