Output to TV (1 Viewer)

Brito

Portal Member
December 21, 2005
I alredy added this topic in another forum with no answer, so, i'm trying here:

a) My PC is in my bedroom and the TV in the livingroom (downstairs).
How does it work? What else do i need? Is there any wireless device i could use?

b) These hauppauge TV tuners have TV input and even if i have the PC next to my TV, i also need a video card with TV output right? Wich one should be recomended?

C) I have an nVidia with TV output but i just can get signal on this output if i set the screen resolution to 720 x 480 wich is no good to work on windows. So, what i have to do is change the resolution everytime i need to see something on tv. Is that how it works or... am i missing something here?

Sry for these dummie questions, i'm new to this media center stuff

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'm a bit confused by the question about the Huappage card...

For the TV out, If you simply want to have MP working on the TV downstairs then the TV output on your video card should already be doing this.
    With the nVidia drivers, simply select Clone mode and make the TV the second output. The resolution doesn't matter too much, anything from 640x480 to 1024x768 (from memory) will work on a TV.

You can get UHF wireless transmitters that let you beam the signal from the PC to the TV so you won't need too many cables everywhere. The good ones of these also have remote control extenders so the remote can work from the TV room.

Brito

Portal Member
    December 21, 2005
    I'm having such a hard time with my video card.
    I tried change the resolution but just the 640 x 480 appears ok on my TV.
    Anithing bigger doesn't fit and automatically enable the auto paning on the TV output.

Also, if i clone the display i can see the MP on both (Tv and Computer) but the video window on TV appears black, just the computer monitor shows the video.

The video just plays on tv if i set nVidia driver to "single display" and don't use the computer display.

Elconejo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2005
    Belgium
    Or another sollution is to set the TV as the primary device. Then the video on you pc will be black and the TV shows your video.

First you will need to connect a TV before you can clone it. In the latest drivers of Nvidia you can force a TV signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom