ParseLocal on Resume from Standby (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, I'm having a problem when I resume from standby. Lets take this scnenario:

* I place machine is in standby state
    * I replace a file or add new files or delete files from my series share folders
    * I resume machine from standby state

one of two things can happen at this point:

1. The Scheduled online scan takes place and download new information for old collection in database (ie before standby) e.g. new thumbnails.
    2. Nothing happens

In both of these cases a ParseLocal has not been done and hence wont pick up any changes to your collection

e.g. You will see files that are no longer on your disk or wont see new downloaded files.

What needs to be done is a ParseLocal before hand so it picks up changes when it compares database version of collection.

When the machine is not in standby this is not a problem when the option to monitor changes is enabled in setup. But when in standby it cant do this.

Am I correct in the way I described the current functionality as this is what happens for me. Everytime I come out of standby I have to ParseLocal manually from the context menu, I would much rather this be automatic.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Yes, that is because when inside MP a local parsed only happens when a file change/create/delete/whatever event gets fired from the OS. But that doesn't get fired if your machine is in standby and you change files (I assume on a server) during that time.

So either its back to scan locally every x minutes instead of file monitoring (don't like it), a combination of the two (scan when file event and every x minutes) (like it even less) or I somehow detect when the machine comes out of standby. If someone knows how to do that, please speak up.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    File Monitoring is good, so leave that. I also think the best solution would be to detect when a machine comes out of standby.

Damien

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Inker, did the link about the PowerModeChanged give you what you need?

Damien

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can confirm this is working now :)

Cheers,
    Damien

Users who are viewing this thread