Passing Hyperlink parameters to mytvprogram.xml (748) (1 Viewer)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Good evening everyone,

Does anyone know if mytvprogram.xml (id 748) opens with a parameter that I could pass using a hyperlink button from another screen in this fashion:

Open Plugins with a Parameter

What I want to do is have scheduled TV buttons with the label #latest.MediaHandler.tvrecordings.scheduled1.title and so forth that hyperlink directly into mytvprogram.xml

I am unsure of two things:
    Does mytvprogram.xml open with a parameter?
    if so,
    What syntax should I take from LatestMediaHandler for the hyperlinkParameter?

Many thanks
    RH

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Does anyone know if mytvprogram.xml (id 748) opens with a parameter that I could pass using a hyperlink button from another screen in this fashion:
    I think that the <hyperlinkParameter> tag was intended for use with plugins/extensions. The "MyTvProgram.xml" panel (which I call "Upcoming Episodes") is not really a plugin, even though it is part of the "TV Server" plugin. :confused:

"Upcoming Episodes" can be accessed from the "TV Guide" panel, the "Radio Guide" panel, or by pressing the INFO button on the "Recorded TV" or "Recorded Radio" panels and selecting "Upcoming Episodes" on the Context menu. Clearly in all cases some information must be passing from the invoking panel to the invoked panel, so that the correct information can be displayed, but I think that it must be some sort of internal interface that does not use <hyperlinkParameter>. (I am happy to be corrected if I have got this wrong.)

One of the things that I do in my skin is to have "Search TV Guide" and "Search Radio Guide" as selections in the left side menu on the "Upcoming Episodes" panel. Jumping to either search panel works correctly. The problem arises when returning from the search panel to "Upcoming Episodes", because the "parameter" info has got lost, and so "Upcoming Episodes" shows an empty list, even when there are episodes in the EPG. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    Clearly in all cases some information must be passing from the invoking panel to the invoked panel, so that the correct information can be displayed, but I think that it must be some sort of internal interface that does not use <hyperlinkParameter>.

It's a shame. It would open up a lot of possibilities. I had been hoping to use 'hyperlink parameter' or failing that some kind of skin define/setting logic so that I could jump straight to a recording selection from Basic Home (or indeed anywhere in the skin) the same way that TVSchedulerServer does.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I had been hoping to use 'hyperlink parameter' or failing that some kind of skin define/setting logic so that I could jump straight to a recording selection from Basic Home (or indeed anywhere in the skin) the same way that TVSchedulerServer does.
    I think that this would require the internal interface to "Upcoming Episodes" to be rewritten. That could be done of course, but with limited development resource in the MP1 team, such a change probably won't happen anytime soon. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    In theory, this window supports opening with a parameter, but! It does not currently process parameters. You can certainly add, but you need to understand what to pass as a parameter and what result to expect if the parameter is passed.
    C#:
    public class TVProgramInfo : GUIInternalWindow
    public class GUIInternalWindow : GUIWindow
    protected string _loadParameter = null;

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    In theory, this window supports opening with a parameter, but! It does not currently process parameters. You can certainly add, but you need to understand what to pass as a parameter and what result to expect if the parameter is passed.
    C#:
    public class TVProgramInfo : GUIInternalWindow
    public class GUIInternalWindow : GUIWindow
    protected string _loadParameter = null;

I always thought that parsing the parameter into something meaningful for the window would be the challenge. I was hoping it might use something like #selecteditem.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    you need to know what is in this property and how to get what you want from this value.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom