[PATCH] Improvements for analog cards | Page 28

Discussion in 'General Development (no feature request here!)' started by misterd, December 31, 2007.

1. juhubruhu

juhubruhu Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I know about the xml config, the thing is in my case all that can be set there was already correct/optimal from the beginning.
    As far as needing more: now that it works I don't need it anymore, but if you asked last week, then yes! :) I was just thinking out loud... :sorry:

:D

EDIT: you may have misunderstood: the process I imagined would be to just set/select (e.g. in tvserver configuration) file with the graph, which one would build with graphedit/graphstudio. Not implementing those in tvserver configurator...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No need to apologise!
    I did misunderstand. I'm still not sure how feasible it would be, but we are always open to ideas :D

4. sdf

sdf Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Show System Specs
    I completely agree with juhubruhu.
    Custom graph building (as an option) is a very needed feature.
    sorry mm1352000, you know I asked you the same a while ago.
    Bye,
    sdf

5. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I remember sdf, and I still don't agree that this is necessary...

How much more than the control that is provided by the XML do you really need?
    The XML allows you to specify:
    - tuner
    - tuner output pins
    - TV audio device
    - crossbar
    - crossbar output pins
    - capture filter
    - capture input pins
    - capture quality/framerate/resolution (if supported by the hardware)
    - capture teletext output pin
    - teletext filter

Yes, MediaPortal requires the structure of the first part of the graph to be in a particular form. You can't have two capture filters or a tuner filter that connects directly to the crossbar. Tuners with these issues are ***rare*** - I have not yet come across any like that...

After the tuner-crossbar-capture comes the encoders. For tuners with hardware encoders (which is all that MediaPortal *officially* supports) there is no choice of encoder - the hardware is connected in a certain way and won't allow connection in any other way. You already know of the improvements for tuners with software encoders - you can prioritise which of the supported encoders are used. The thing that you have to remember for this part is that not all encoders are compatible. It is just the way it is, and the way Cyberlink, Intervideo, Mainconcept etc decide to make their encoders is outside our control.

After the encoders comes the multiplexor and file writer. These cannot be chosen simply for obvious reasons...

Again I ask you - what more would you need to configure that is possible to configure?

6. sdf

sdf Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Show System Specs
    mm1352000, you are right.
    Will try to "play" a little with the xml file.
    Bye,
    sdf

7. VEnson

VEnson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Ok ... the first thing id like to ask is why do you have a Function that allows you to Shutdown the PC?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!