[PATCH] Improvements for analog cards (2 Viewers)

juhubruhu

Portal Member
December 14, 2010
Are you aware of the configuration XML in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\AnalogCard? This allows you to specify some of the preferences that you might want to set by building a graph yourself. Of course it doesn't give you control of the muxers (these are required for the reasons that MisterD already explained) or TS writer connections, but it is better than nothing. Do you really think you need more than that?

I know about the xml config, the thing is in my case all that can be set there was already correct/optimal from the beginning.
As far as needing more: now that it works I don't need it anymore, but if you asked last week, then yes! :) I was just thinking out loud... :sorry:

:D

EDIT: you may have misunderstood: the process I imagined would be to just set/select (e.g. in tvserver configuration) file with the graph, which one would build with graphedit/graphstudio. Not implementing those in tvserver configurator...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was just thinking out loud... :sorry:
    EDIT: you may have misunderstood: the process I imagined would be to just set/select (e.g. in tvserver configuration) file with the graph, which one would build with graphedit/graphstudio. Not implementing those in tvserver configurator...
    No need to apologise!
    I did misunderstand. I'm still not sure how feasible it would be, but we are always open to ideas :D

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I completely agree with juhubruhu.
    Custom graph building (as an option) is a very needed feature.
    sorry mm1352000, you know I asked you the same a while ago.
    Bye,
    sdf

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I remember sdf, and I still don't agree that this is necessary...

How much more than the control that is provided by the XML do you really need?
    The XML allows you to specify:
    - tuner
    - tuner output pins
    - TV audio device
    - crossbar
    - crossbar output pins
    - capture filter
    - capture input pins
    - capture quality/framerate/resolution (if supported by the hardware)
    - capture teletext output pin
    - teletext filter

Yes, MediaPortal requires the structure of the first part of the graph to be in a particular form. You can't have two capture filters or a tuner filter that connects directly to the crossbar. Tuners with these issues are ***rare*** - I have not yet come across any like that...

After the tuner-crossbar-capture comes the encoders. For tuners with hardware encoders (which is all that MediaPortal *officially* supports) there is no choice of encoder - the hardware is connected in a certain way and won't allow connection in any other way. You already know of the improvements for tuners with software encoders - you can prioritise which of the supported encoders are used. The thing that you have to remember for this part is that not all encoders are compatible. It is just the way it is, and the way Cyberlink, Intervideo, Mainconcept etc decide to make their encoders is outside our control.

After the encoders comes the multiplexor and file writer. These cannot be chosen simply for obvious reasons...

Again I ask you - what more would you need to configure that is possible to configure?

VEnson

October 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok ... the first thing id like to ask is why do you have a Function that allows you to Shutdown the PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom