[PATCH] Improvements for analog cards (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

Can the following encoders please be added to the list in the SQL script:

Video:
    PCTV Systems MPEG 2 Encoder

Audio:
    PCTV Systems MPEG Layer-2 Audio Encoder

These are the new names of the encoders that PCTV Systems (who took over Pinnacle) use. In other words they replace the Pinnacle encoders:

Pinnacle MPEG 2 Encoder ==> PCTV Systems MPEG 2 Encoder
    Pinnacle MPEG Layer-2 Audio Encoder ==> PCTV Systems MPEG Layer-2 Audio Encoder

Obviously the older Pinnacle encoder names should remain for users that do not have the updated PCTV Systems software.

Thank you

pantav

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    This patch works with 1.1.1? I am having problems with my avermedia hybrid pci express. I can't record nor view analog video (composite input). After a few seconds video hangs.

juhubruhu

Portal Member
    December 14, 2010
    As I'm new here, let me first thank all you guys for the great work you do!

I have an a win xp machine with Avermedia AVerTV Duo Hybrid PCI-E II. I installed MePo a couple of months back 1.1.1 and now upgraded to 1.1.2.

The problem: when I start Tv server config, i get the ""Please install supported audio video encoder for your software analog card" when trying to scan channels on analog card (BTW: doesn't my card have hw encoding capabilities?).

I have installed the patch from this thread, looked at and tried everything I could think of on this forum for the last 3-4 weeks now with no success.

Any ideas on how to solve this are appreciated! Tv and error logs are attached...

Can someone please provide a screenshot of a graph that (a working) tvserver builds, so I can try to make it with graphedit. From the log I can see it builds graph correctly until the analog capture, I guess it should end in tsfilewriter?

Thanks again!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

The problem: when I start Tv server config, i get the ""Please install supported audio video encoder for your software analog card" when trying to scan channels on analog card (BTW: doesn't my card have hw encoding capabilities?).
    No your tuner doesn't have hardware encoding. There are software encoders provided on the second tab ("AP & Driver") of the page that you linked. There doesn't seem to be a version for XP. I would try the version for MCE 2005 at the bottom of the list or install the Avermedia software "AVer MediaCenter 3D".

Can someone please provide a screenshot of a graph that (a working) tvserver builds, so I can try to make it with graphedit. From the log I can see it builds graph correctly until the analog capture, I guess it should end in tsfilewriter?
    It is failing at the software encoder stage. Specifically, it tries and fails to use the Intervideo audio encoder (presumably you have installed WinDVR 3?). Make sure any other media software is not running and then try again. The problem might be that the tuner only works with the Avermedia encoder...

juhubruhu

Portal Member
    December 14, 2010
    Thanks mm1352000, you the man!

I managed to use the avermedia encoders (changed the sql script) and now I can scan channels. Scanning works, and finds some 40 channels, some with names. I thought, great, it works!
    But in channel preview it says after 15s "Preview failed: NoVideoAudioDetected".
    Also, when I try running the analog.grf in graphedit it reports "This graph can't play. Unspecified error (Return code: 0x80004005)".
    The error lead me to believe something is wrong with bitrate, so I tried to tweak "Quality control" settings, but no luck.
    What can I do to make it work?

Attachments

• analoggrf.jpg
      analoggrf.jpg
      122.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Well done! I think you are quite close to getting the card working...
    I think to get the graph working all you would need to do is to select the frequency/channel for the tuner and the inputs on the crossbar. To do this right click on the tuner and select properties. Select and apply the frequency you want to tune to and the video format that you want to use (for example, PAL_B). Make sure that the tuner is "locked" after you apply the frequency. After that, right click on the crossbar and activate the tuner inputs. Of course you need to be aware that the graph won't play if the tuner is in use (by TV Server or some other program). At the end of the day it is not the end of the world if the graph doesn't work - the most important thing is that MediaPortal works ;).

As for getting the tuner to work in MediaPortal itself: perhaps the TS writer or muxers are not compatible with the Avermedia encoders? I would try different encoders such as the ATI AVIVO encoders or the Intervideo encoders from WinDVR 3 (you didn't mention whether you had installed these already). Make sure you prioritise the new encoders above the old ones or they will not be used. It is a case of trial and error I'm afraid :(

juhubruhu

Portal Member
    December 14, 2010
    mm1352000, thanks!

The graph does not work even with setting any filters' properties. I managed to get tweaked version running (see image), but it crashes graphedit when stopped. Can I connect MediaPortal to this graph somehow, or how can I check if something gets to the tsfilewriter?

I have Intervideo encoders installed (WinDVR3), but those can not connect to any avermedia filters (analog capture). I have that in tvserver logs and graphedit.

Will try to find other encoders I guess...

Attachments

• analoggrfwrk.jpg
      analoggrfwrk.jpg
      47.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom