Pause-only action (no resume) (1 Viewer)

rsenden

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Running MediaPortal v1.13.0.0, EventGhost and Asterisk, I would like to automatically pause any playing media in MediaPortal and display an OSD message with the caller id whenever a call is received by Asterisk.

This mostly works using the following set-up:
  1. Asterisk contains a TrySystem action to invoke cUrl to send a 'pauseWithMessage' request to the EventGhost webserver plugin, containing the callerid message as event payload
  2. On receiving this event, EventGhost displays an OSD message showing the event payload, and sends a MediaPortal Pause action to MediaPortal
The problem is that the MediaPortal Pause action is a toggle event. If the media is already paused (due to an earlier call or paused manually), the media will resume playing. So, I'm looking for some way to have EventGhost tell MediaPortal to pause any playing media, but not to resume any paused media.

I've tried various approaches, but so far without any success:
  • Use the 'Media is Playing' condition in the MessagePlugin configuration, but unfortunately this condition is apparently also true if media is paused
  • Send the APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PAUSE command as described in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/emulate-any-multimedia-key-with-eventghost.35181/. However MediaPortal doesn't seem to respond to this message
  • Send the 'p' keystroke to MediaPortal. According to some older threads, 'p' will only pause media, whereas the space bar acts as a pause/play toggle. However the 'p' keystroke (even when typed manually) doesn't do anything on my MediaPortal instance, so maybe this has been removed in recent versions.
Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
Replies
Views
I'd just like to point out that we rely heavily on the libbluray project for our BR support. My guess is that the problem is likely to be in libbluray. If I'm right there'd be no point sending the GPU to our developers.
I'd just like to point out that we rely heavily on the libbluray project for our BR support. My guess is that the problem is likely...
There is no 1.16 section available... I guess it is only visible to developers, so please Administrators move this post to the...
Replies
Views
THX - found it (actually a key I never use :)) - small issues when enteing the username you can't select "OK" via keyboard only. same goes for the password. The select graphic overlaps (the OK Button and Abbrechen - when you move teh mouse over them you will see)
THX - found it (actually a key I never use :)) - small issues when enteing the username you can't select "OK" via keyboard only...
MediaPortal 2.1 Pre Release! After a long time of waiting we proudly present the latest version of MediaPortal 2. See the release...
Replies
Views
@giravolt Are you maybe in HDR passthrough mode instead of tone map mode? The source controls work here with madVR test build 113 in HDR tone map mode.
@giravolt Are you maybe in HDR passthrough mode instead of tone map mode? The source controls work here with madVR test build 113...
Description of Change This branch will permit to have madVR renderer to MP1, thanks to Tourettes for this and Madshi. This branch...
Replies
Views
Yes, because old series are streamed in 4:3 and not 16:9, so I have a big black frame. Which color key should be the Zoom key? I remeber a plugin for MP1 that scanned the black frame, removed it be scaling up the picture to the max. resolution. Are the plans to integrate such feature?
Yes, because old series are streamed in 4:3 and not 16:9, so I have a big black frame. Which color key should be the Zoom key? I...
This is Release Candiate 2 build of the upcoming "Spring'16 Release". Main changes compared to Summer'15 Update 1 Release are...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom