Peak Dual DVB-T tuner PCI lockup (1 Viewer)

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi M,

Could I mail you one and see if it works on your system? (big ask I know). This would help me to isolate any problems specific to my system. I could enclose return postage etc. It is cheapish so would not be the end of the world if it got lost in the post.

Chris

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Oddly the only error in your logs is some code to do with TeVii devices and CAM (and as DVB-T in the UK you have no need for a CAM...)
    Can you just check that each of your cards do not have any CAM settings enabled?

You are using 32bit Win7 yes?

I am using one of these cards on XP and it has been the best TV card I have ever had (been through many...) works every time when resuming from standby, channel changing is quick and generally just works really well.

I am wondering whether this is either bad Win7 drivers (and MP is exposing a bug in them) or whether there is some conflict with other devices in your system.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see other errors in the tv.log file:

Code:
    2010-12-20 08:43:01.357284 [(12)]: TvControllerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070486): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E436EBB3-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070486.
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(Type objectType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(Type serverType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(Type serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardCollection.DetectCards()
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardCollection..ctor(IEpgEvents epgEvents)
       at TvService.TVController.InitController()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(Type objectType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(Type serverType)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(Type serverType, Object[] props, Boolean bNewObj)
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardCollection.DetectCards()
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.TvCardCollection..ctor(IEpgEvents epgEvents)
       at TvService.TVController.InitController()

I'm wondering whether you have something else running that might be attempting to use the tuner. Some people in this thread reported the same error. As I read it, the cause seemed to be some sort of system info application.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oddly the only error in your logs is some code to do with TeVii devices and CAM (and as DVB-T in the UK you have no need for a CAM...)
    Can you just check that each of your cards do not have any CAM settings enabled?

You are using 32bit Win7 yes?

I am using one of these cards on XP and it has been the best TV card I have ever had (been through many...) works every time when resuming from standby, channel changing is quick and generally just works really well.

I am wondering whether this is either bad Win7 drivers (and MP is exposing a bug in them) or whether there is some conflict with other devices in your system.

The reference to conditional access is normal. It is a misnomer (poorly named). The conditional access class is the "gateway" for support for DiSEqC, CI/CAM support, custom tuning methods and all other hardware specific functions. In the case of Tevii, DiSEqC is supported for DVB-S devices, and a custom tuning method is used for all Tevii devices.

Having said that, the error actually appears to be a problem with invoking a function in the Tevii support DLL. I don't believe any of your tuners actually use the Tevii support. Only leads me to be more suspicious that something else is using the tuner at the same time or something very strange is going on...

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    Wow,

Thanks for all of that.

I don't think I haved any plugins out of the ordinary installed. I could not find sysinfo or drivespace in any MP folders.

I have MP disabling Windows MediaCentre services.

What could I be looking for?

OS is Windows 7 Home premium 32 Bit.

There are no obvious conflicts thrown up in device manager IRQ-wise.

There are others using Windows 7 who have this card working. I could try disabling all other TV cards and see if I get any joy. Not really sure what this could acheive though??

I suppose the other thought could be that both cards are faulty, but then they work with the native software.

Any ideas what I should do to continue checking this issue?

Thanks,
    Chris

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wow,

Thanks for all of that.

No worries :)

I don't think I haved any plugins out of the ordinary installed. I could not find sysinfo or drivespace in any MP folders.

I have MP disabling Windows MediaCentre services.

What could I be looking for?

You're looking for something that could be potentially trying to "query" the tuner. That could be a TV application that attempts to use it or doesn't release it completely when you close it, or it could be a general system info application that is just trying to figure out what it is (maybe even an anti-virus thing that is trying to check it).

There are no obvious conflicts thrown up in device manager IRQ-wise.

There are others using Windows 7 who have this card working. I could try disabling all other TV cards and see if I get any joy. Not really sure what this could acheive though??

I don't think it is related to a hardware conflict, but I guess you could try it.

I suppose the other thought could be that both cards are faulty, but then they work with the native software.

Any ideas what I should do to continue checking this issue?

Something in the native software could be causing this. I'd try uninstalling that and seeing what happens.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Chris,

Sent you a PM - I installed your card and it works just the same as mine. No difference between them at all.

Bear in mind that I am using MP 1.1.1 and Miroslav & DJBlu's Sky grabber so it is a slightly different TVServer and MPClient, but from following their thread it shouldn't affect the way the cards are recognised.

It has to be your system setup that is affecting it.

If you want me to undertake further tests then let me know and I'll be more than happy to do so.

M.

ChrisOfCatford

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 2, 2006
    London UK
    Home Country
    Hi M,

Great, that narrows it down. Thanks.

So, 1.1.1 may be worth a try (I hate to go backwards).

I may try taking all other cards out and see if this helps.

Any suggestions from anyone would be welcome. I suppose re-installing Windows 7 and starting again may be the only way.

I am also going to try another PCI slot just in case.

I still have the other card installed here (just disabled).

To MP Devs: I am not the only one with this card who is having this sort of problem, and MP is the only app having this problem with this card. I can test anything suggested and report back with logs if this would help. I think the USB thing may be part of the issue as the previous Peak single USB tuner that I tried also failed to work (I assumed it was broken).

Thanks,
    Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom