Perfect MKV playback with DXVA in MPC HC, but not in MP (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.2.0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.0
    MediaPortal Skin: MediaStream
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: AMD x2 4850e 2.5 GHz 45w
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 2.5"
    Memory: 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz Dual-Channel
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev 1.0)
    Video Card: Onboard AMD Radeon HD 3200
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 9.5 official
    Sound Card: Onboard ALC889A
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-500 HD
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: picuPSU 120W
    Remote: Logitech 885
    TV: LG 42PM1MA
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi!

I finally managed to get Media Player Classic HomeCinema tweaked to perfect playback with reclock + DXVA = no stutter and no tearing.

The graph below is how my perfect render is setup.

virker_ultimate.png

Trying to set up same in MediaPortal proves more than difficult. I can get DXVA, but not without ReClock turning yelleow (stutter is the result of that).

For some reason I don't see the audio render in the filter, at all?

fail.png

I have 5 screenshots more of graphs not working, but that will lead us nowhere ;)

HW is as listed above, Gigabyte GA-MA78 with ATI 3200, DXVA enabled everywhere I can. Now, in Media Player Classic I have all external filters disabled, except for Reclock Audio Renderer. Internal filters are also all disabled, except for Matroska in Source filters and H.264/AVC (DXVA) in Transform filters.

Since Haali Media Splitter isn't in use in the graph that works, I uninstalled this. This just put the ArcSoft MKV splitter at work, which is laggy as nothing else :(

So status is, MPC HC works like a charm, MediaPortal playback is laggy.

Has anyone else got this working?

:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Personally use MPC-HC\CoreAVC or Xvid for Video, all other setting use FFDShow for Audio only and the only time I have had stutter, was with XP, this was resolved by using the AMD Dual Core Optimizer from their website.

Other than that, I'm stuffed for answers, this does seem to be a common problem for some people, and still there is no conclusive answer, why one person has this problem and another does not :confused:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I would assume the MKV's audio stream is something that haali's splitter is not handling. Try to force MPC-HC to use haali splitter instead of the Matroska Source (which is most likely MPC-HC internal filter), just to confirm the theory :)

Or you could build the graph in GraphEdit that has the haali splitter as source filter.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I would assume the MKV's audio stream is something that haali's splitter is not handling. Try to force MPC-HC to use haali splitter instead of the Matroska Source (which is most likely MPC-HC internal filter), just to confirm the theory :)

Or you could build the graph in GraphEdit that has the haali splitter as source filter.

Good point about the difference with Matroska Source and Haali - if indeed the Matroska Source is only available inside MPC HC, then it isn't available in MediaPortal, right?

I'll test as soon as I get home :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    XvidVideo.RU seems to be the site for the latest versions of MPC-HC (currently at svn 1161) - the latest binaries on SourceForge SourceForge.net: MPC - Homecinema: Files are svn 908 (from 6 months ago).

The Russian site is linked in the SAF thread (in the first post) - I've been using it for MPC-HC and FFDShow downloads for months (and yes, I was a bit dubious at first but I've never had any problems with it).

Why do you think it's unsafe ?

Tony

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Here at work I have a similar setup as at home, AMD processor, Ati card (although onboard without DXVA) and Windows XP. A quick test with Haali Media Splitter installed, Matroska Source unchecked I get a really nice synced picture in MPC HC.

Now I managed to get the graphs more alike, in both MP and MPC HC I get the Halli icon visible, Reclock turns green and FFA icon shows.

Still, MP refuses to play back smoothly.

MPCHC.png
    Looks good

MP.png
    Looks good too

OHNOES.png
    This is bad! 15 fps in average?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Here at work I have a similar setup as at home, AMD processor, Ati card (although onboard without DXVA) and Windows XP. A quick test with Haali Media Splitter installed, Matroska Source unchecked I get a really nice synced picture in MPC HC.

Now I managed to get the graphs more alike, in both MP and MPC HC I get the Halli icon visible, Reclock turns green and FFA icon shows.

Still, MP refuses to play back smoothly.

View attachment 42286
    Looks good

View attachment 42287
    Looks good too

View attachment 42288
    This is bad! 15 fps in average?

Maybe becouse latest versions of MPC-HC standalone decoder have broken software decoding for h.264 (extremly slow) You need to use older version like 1.2.1043.0 (SAF use it).

You can combine SAF + FFDShow, no need to setup it manualy.

Hmm, i can see, that lot of people are afraid of Russians :)
    XvidVideo.RU is official site for MPC-HC,MPC, xvid, ffdshow, x264. Lot of developers who working on this software are russians...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom