Perfect MKV playback with DXVA in MPC HC, but not in MP (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'd check that the MPC-HC decoder really is using DXVA in MP (right click on it in the filter graph to bring up the properties page).

You may just be suffering from GPU performance issues - see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-1-svn-builds-313/1080i-material-not-deinterlacing-under-1-0-1-0-a-58486/ (MP generates a higher GPU load than MPC-HC - this is more of a problem with low-powered integrated GPUs).

Tony

At home it was definately using DXVA as the CPU idled at around 5% when playing 720p. Without DXVA, its more in the 23-27% area. Here at work it won't work since the Radeon Xpress 1150 doesn't do DXVA.

@hoborg The Media Player Classic HC version I'm using is 1.2.908.0, but I can see in GraphStudio that the actual MPCVideoDec.ax is 1.2.1161.0! How/where can I get the correct version, and can I just replace it in the system32 folder? :D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sorry, just pulled the 1043 standalone package from xvideo.ru and replaced the ax-file, it is smooth in MediaPortal now! Now I'm really excited to get home and test it with (hopefully) DXVA.

:D:D:D @ all!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    One small gripe remains...

If I run MediaPortal in a window I can use exclusive mode, but if I run it in fullscreen I have to turn it off, else will ReClock complain about my gpu not being supported. When exclusive mode is not on, I get tearing.

Only working state is apparantly PowerDVD9 (no DXVA), ReClock, VMR9 (disable exclusive mode). Excellent picture, but that brings me back to no DXVA :(

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

If I run MediaPortal in a window I can use exclusive mode, but if I run it in fullscreen I have to turn it off, else will ReClock complain about my gpu not being supported. When exclusive mode is not on, I get tearing.

Only working state is apparantly PowerDVD9 (no DXVA), ReClock, VMR9 (disable exclusive mode). Excellent picture, but that brings me back to no DXVA :(

Did you enabled vsync in CCC?
    No experience with reclock on my side...

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Did you enabled vsync in CCC?
    No experience with reclock on my side...

Is it "Wait for vertical refresh" under "3D" in CCC? If yes, it is set to "Always On"

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Which version of ReClock are you using ? (latest is 1.8.4.5)

You could try ReClock's vsync correction facility (not tried it myself - I run EVR under Vista).

Tony

sloty32

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

i got around the gpu error on reclok with changing the renderer in the reclock settings (somthing with directx).
    dont know if it will do with dxva.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Change the option in Reclock from Direct3D to DirectDraw. Mediaportal doesn't work in Direct3D mode.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

I have similar setup:
    Mediaportal 1.0.2, Haali media splitter, h.264 codec with DXVA (I use PowerDVD 7), ffdshow as audio codec, Reclock (latest) as audio renderer (I need it because my TV does not support 24p, only 25). ATi CCC 9.5, vsync always on, Reclock with activated "allow vsync with dxva (not recommended)". Vista 32 bit, EVR as video renderer.

This combo works with .mkvs and .avis with h.264 codec, 23,978 fps speedup to 25 fps, even subtitles work with the MPC-HT subs engie. The Tearing and VSync Test of reclock does not function if DXVA is on. But the systray icon is green, and I have no stutter. Reclock vsync position must be fine-tuned for stutter-free playback.

Graph is like:
    Haali media splitter -> Cyberlink h.264 decoder -> EVR renderer
    -> ffdshow audio decoder -> reclock audio renderer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom