personal dislike (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colossus-x

Portal Member
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I'm pretty much decided that this software is completely rubbish. Most users want to use this software for TV. And how does it do it ? Abysmally. It really is quite sad that developers would use us all as guinea pigs to show off their software development skills to their potential employers.

I come home from a night out and want to listen to some music....and hey ho..nothing there to select... noting at all... suddenly all my tunes seems to all but disappeared.

Oh and suddenly when I try to navigate over the menu ( the default one ) everything seems choked up and I can't even go back to the main menu - cause I'll be here all day if I tried.

Okay and then when I'm sitting back watching a movie all of a sudden it FREEZES. But wait ... something is goin on I'm sure...but what is it?? A recording ? Well if it was how would that effect my movie watching. Must be something else. Maybe some 'scan' goin on in the background. Wait ? What scan? Some Scraper? Well why the hell would that stop my enjoyment of a movie anyway...wouldn't that go on int the background? You would think.

On and wait people , you thought 1.3.0 was good, wait till your try 1.4.0. Yes, we've been working behind the scenes to iron out all of the bugs in the previous version and since we have clearly done that we will now call our new software 1.4.0.

You don't know how lucky you are and don't bitch to us about it cause we do it all for free here.

And this is where we beat Microsoft...we've got a WATCHGOD. All you have to do when your system goes belly up, just collect files and send them to us and we'll examine them and then we'll read them. Of course these file may not give us the whole picture of what you were doing at the time on your PC which makes it very difficult to know why you are having problems.

For god's sake guys send in your logs otherwise how could we possibly tell how armature our software is.

I hear you guys when you wonder why your movie's seem's to have completely disappeared, but don't worry - your files are still on your hard drive. We have no idea how to fix this but then that's not surprising because we know we're not really very good programmers in the first place so you could hardly expect us to fix it for you ..do you...I mean seriously !!

And so we've had many shit versions of mediaportal and we are working behind the scenes to bring you another more feature rich but equally completely rubbish versions of this bullshit. Our potential employers are going to be so impressed.

So to all those people who have problems, well why don't you all just go and study computer science and just fix the think yourself. It's not that difficult you know.

Apparently Windows Media Center hasn't been upgraded from Windows 7 to 8. Thank God for that, at least when I turn the thing on it doesn't crash or all my music doesn't disappear ...

God ,I just can't wait for MEDIAPORTAL 2. It must be the shit !!!!
p.s feature request: no bugs please :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @colossus-x
    Well, you managed to push all my buttons, so well done for that.
    I guess that'll teach me for ever trying to help you (ref.).
    Enjoy Windows Media Center.
    Maybe one day when you try and create a product yourself you might have an inkling of how offensive your post is.

colossus-x

Portal Member
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Oh really, you found my post offensive ? The ref your refer to is only the tip o
    @colossus-x
    Well, you managed to push all my buttons, so well done for that.
    I guess that'll teach me for ever trying to help you (ref.).
    Enjoy Windows Media Center.
    Maybe one day when you try and create a product yourself you might have an inkling of how offensive your post is.

Oh really , you found my post offensive? For some strange reason I don't mind if you do.

I'm really glad you looked through my previous threads to highlight issues I've had with MP. Do you seriously think that this was the one and only issue I've had with this software. FFS these types of things happen all the time. Do you think I have the time to constantly go on nerdy forums and send 'log's' to armature programmers. "Oh my screen has gone blank all of a sudden - what am I going to do - I wonder if my codecs aren't working properly or maybe I need to reset my graph - maybe I have a virus that's causing it."

There has been some comments here from devs who have blandly insulted users for not 'attaching logs' who go like 'well how the heck am I supposed to know why your system has gone wonky'. More to the point you software isn't up to scratch and never has been. Everything else is just a Media Center indeed.

By the way the skins people have developed by today's GUI standards are absolute pants. It's really embarrassing how bad they are.

Titan Skin indeed - rubbish.[DOUBLEPOST=1370769457][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh by the way, my last word. Working through the TV guide - must be the most unintuitive system I ever 'tried' to used in my life.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @super Moderators
    Please ban ^^

Last edited:
    J

joostzilla

No reason for a ban. Everyone has the right to share their own opinion.
    Although I guess Colossus-x will ban himself from this forum and MP since he thinks everything about it is rubbish.

@colossus-x: I have no idea why you offend the team and MP users this way but i hope you realise this isnt the way we like to communicate with eachother.
    Obviously you are a professional programmer and designer since you burn everything about MP and its design.
    Perhaps you could give us some hints and help about how to make the MP experience better. I am looking forward to see your proposals and designs.

Last edited by a moderator:

polarie

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2006
    Hasloh (near Hamburg)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    agree with jooszilla -

this peace of software - has reached a point - which runs.
    instll it on a normal PC - and it runs - brings TV- and music.
    i did an install last week on a industrial PC - (little exotic mITX MoBo)
    needed 30 minutes - and HDTV runs without any stuttering - music runs smooth.
    don't make a differnce if my music came from a HDD or via Web-stream ...

i am not a programmer - only a user - and allthough i am a SMod
    - i don't have the ultimate skill level @ MePo.

it is on your own to use MePo or not. i don't understand why you are so negativ/agressive
    - after 6 years of been a member here.

yes - some of the users do have problems.
    yes - still bugs in MePo.

so you are a prof. programmer?
    and you have ideas how to fix those bugs - com on - join the community -
    show the team how they have to do the job.

MePo is open source - everybody can bring in knowledge - so do it ...
    be a part of it - look behind the scence ... and fix bugs with your knowledge.

regards

Polarie

PS: a friend of mine - half my age - a mechanic - no computer knowledge.
    with a laptop - (and normaly he only knows how to start the PC)
    - he installed MePo - with DVB-T and all features are working.
    i am not sure where your problems are - but i guess/bet we can bring your system
    to a stable run - if my friend can do that - you should also reach that target with your knowledge - i am pretty sure.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I found it lol :ROFLMAO:
    1046294-colossus_9_50k.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread