Personal TV Guide (1 Viewer)

Bavarian

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2005
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This plugin should be able to learn from the viewing habits of the user and notifies the user for high rated broadcasts.

In the current Alpha version the manually input is implemented.
    The plugin is compiled with the CVS version from 01.02.2006.

http://filecache.de/5179561/

Let me know your experience with this plugin and also suggestions are highly appreciated.

Bavarian

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Bavarian,

just get your plugin yesterday evening.
    The first impression is very good.
    Ecspecially your instruction.pdf is very well done and helpful. :!:
    I didn't tested every settings, yet but the keyword search works very good and very fast.
    Aslo waiting for the upcoming features which are not included, yet like exlude this file or autorecord.

I noticed I can do a query by channel groups.
    Would it be possible to do a query by browsing through my channels and mark the once that should be included,
    for instance search for keyword: Enterprise on channel Sat1, Pro7, Kabel1?

I will keep on testing.
    Regards
    Ralph

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ralph said:
    Hi Bavarian,

just get your plugin yesterday evening.
    The first impression is very good.
    Ecspecially your instruction.pdf is very well done and helpful. :!:
    I didn't tested every settings, yet but the keyword search works very good and very fast.
    Aslo waiting for the upcoming features which are not included, yet like exlude this file or autorecord.

I noticed I can do a query by channel groups.
    Would it be possible to do a query by browsing through my channels and mark the once that should be included,
    for instance search for keyword: Enterprise on channel Sat1, Pro7, Kabel1?

I will keep on testing.
    Regards
    Ralph

We'll think about that.

pglenn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2006
    hey, looking GOOD so far... Looking forward to auto-record witb auto-conflict-resolution, based I assume on a "multiple airings vs the star-ratings" system.

Then again I am soon to have 3 tuners (a pvr-500 w/2 and a theater 550) so its "unlikely" I will have to choose from 4 recordings at once - but who knows :)

Would be nice if pressing RECORD would auto-insert the recording but it is still fine just the way it is, I dont mind going to MP record screen, entering it, then escaping back to the plug-in. It still feels relatively seemless.

Patrick

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    I just tried it - yes good stuff.
    A couple of things that occured to me -
    - menus on left need to be brought right a little (off screen on a crt TV).
    - would like more control than simple keywork (nots, ands, ors etc) - regular expression mode!

Thanks very much.
    BigJ.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Works fine here.

1. In the wishlist, the menu: "add, delete, edit, close" does not show the close, because the size is too small, you can only reach it by pressing "down" on keyboard.

2. I added "24" to the wishlist. Now I get a lot of results like "N24 Nachrichten" or shows on HSE24 (a home shopping channel). While searching for parts of a title is very good in most cases, maybe an option for exact matches would be usefull somtimes. Could be with quotation marks, in order to be in line with other search engines.

tomtom

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    maybe an option for exact matches would be usefull somtimes. Could be with quotation marks, in order to be in line with other search engines
    ^^ what he said

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tomtom21000 said:
    2. I added "24" to the wishlist. Now I get a lot of results like "N24 Nachrichten" or shows on HSE24 (a home shopping channel). While searching for parts of a title is very good in most cases, maybe an option for exact matches would be usefull somtimes. Could be with quotation marks, in order to be in line with other search engines.
    tomtom

I did exactly the same and got pages of N24 Nachrichten, N24 Reportage, 24 Stunden, HSE 24... :lol:
    Nice to see we do the same tests.

bigj said:
    - menus on left need to be brought right a little (off screen on a crt TV).
    This works fine for me even on my very old TV-set.

Regards
    Ralph

pglenn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2006
    one thing I have noticed that would really make this better, at least for me. I like recording "Modern Marvels" when the topic is good, and I have searching setup by keywords that find these (such as keyword "carriers"). however when a search finds an episode of "Modern Marvels" that is about aircraft carriers and I choose to record it, when entering the mediaPortal record options I am then presented with the entire list of "Modern Marvels" episodes and I have to then search thru them all to find the one I wanted.

Maybe this is a limitation of the database (no episode number or just "Modern Marvels" as the title?) but it would be nice to have it select the individual episode within MediaPortal.

I have found the same thing happens when selecting episodes of "battlestar galactica" which isnt as bad as it only has 3 or 4 to choose from rather than 15+ with "Modern Marvels"

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom