Photo Skin - A new idea (1 Viewer)

Visard

Portal Member
September 2, 2005
Sweden
A week ago I posted a sample of an idea in theboxhead´s thread FXextended... But the response was very poor :(

Anyway I have not give up yet and have come up with another idea:

A skin that the user easy can change them self, by put their own photo, desktop image or what ever as a background... some examples...

PhotoFX1.jpg

PhotoFX2.jpg

PhotoFX3.jpg

I'm curious to get some response to this ide :D

Please don't be afraid, bad or good ?

// Visard

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Defenitly good...........if it gets finished. To be honest, I think responses to new skin ideas are a bit poor these days because there have been so many ideas posted but hardly anyone ever gets anything out the door (read: finishes it).

So should we get our hopes up with this one? Do you intend to finish it? Or do you just want to show off some possible designs?

I sure hope you would finish it, i really like its style.

Inker

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Inker said:
    Defenitly good...........if it gets finished. To be honest, I think responses to new skin ideas are a bit poor these days because there have been so many ideas posted but hardly anyone ever gets anything out the door (read: finishes it).

So should we get our hopes up with this one? Do you intend to finish it? Or do you just want to show off some possible designs?

I sure hope you would finish it, i really like its style.

Inker

I agree with you Inker. I wish that the skinners that think they have a cool looking skin (which this one I believe is VERY cool looking) would just (as the old Nike commercial said) "Just do it." Forget about about what other people think (although I think this is a great looking design) and just make it and then post the final results. But I do hope you finish this skin.

I also wish MP had the ability to change backgrounds at predetermined times to cycle through background pictures for this skin. That is my feature request.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Just a sec. Does the background change for each plugin (My TV, My Alarm, My DVDs, My etc.)? If so, I didn't think MP would do this. But if it is doable then I wonder if it may take too long to change backgrounds between each feature (My TV, My Alarm, My DVDs, My etc.) selection?

Mike

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    mzemina said:
    Just a sec. Does the background change for each plugin (My TV, My Alarm, My DVDs, My etc.)? If so, I didn't think MP would do this. But if it is doable then I wonder if it may take too long to change backgrounds between each feature (My TV, My Alarm, My DVDs, My etc.) selection?
    I don't think that is the intention of Visard. I think the backgrounds will be the same for every plugin, and he was just showing what his idea was.

BTW, I like the idea of a customizable skin. Would be nice to see it finished.

Kind regards,
    Michel

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    scoop said:
    ...I don't think that is the intention of Visard. I think the backgrounds will be the same for every plugin, and he was just showing what his idea was....

I didn't think so either, but wanted to be sure. It would be very cool to see the different graphic elements that go along with this skin.

Visard

Portal Member
    September 2, 2005
    Sweden
    Thank's for all positiv response :D

To clear out some questions...

The background pic was basicly for the user him self to copy in, just any JPG or PNG in 720*576 or 1280*720... to the folder for the skin.
    Or in other words take your digital camera and make a photo of your favourit girl, car, family, harley or beach... and use it as your background for this skin.

No, it not supose to change the pic when you select a plugin. Would be possible hover if a programmer make some plugin to change the pic. automaticly by the day, week or month...

Yes, if it is enought response out there I will try to finish this skin, but as theboxhead say in another thread, it takes time and needs a bit of feed back !

Keep on give your thoughts about this...

// Visard

civikdude

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    U.S.A.
    Inker said:

Exactly what Inker said. Don't feel bad about not getting responses, it's for this simple reason alone that excitement towards new skins has died down.

But that aside, you definitely have my vote. What a great idea!! And if the user wanted a solid color background, no big deal, it could be done!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom