Picture quality MP1.0 vs DVBviewer (1 Viewer)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
ReClock works with Vista. SlySoft is currently providing a beta for it.

Interresting. Maybe worth a try.

Sounds like something is wrong in the OS install itself (as there isn't any big performance differences between XP / Vista. Unless you are running Vista on 512MB PC).

Don't think so. I currently have 2 GB of RAM but maybe not enough on Single Seat with Vista.
It's still usable however compared to XP you definetly see a difference.
Also playback of 1080i MPEG2 material leads to ocasional hiccups on Vista whereas smooth on XP.
Could be a graphic driver issue. Will try 9.1 if it is relased.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can tell you one thing, if running Vista and comparing EVR with VMR9, VMR produces so much aliasing that it looks like **it. I just did the test, just to see if it made any difference, and it certainly did. Good thing is that I allready was running EVR, so no sweat :)

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can tell you one thing, if running Vista and comparing EVR with VMR9, VMR produces so much aliasing that it looks like **it. I just did the test, just to see if it made any difference, and it certainly did. Good thing is that I allready was running EVR, so no sweat :)

Thank's for reporting your findings.
    It would be even more useful if knowing anything of your setup / components involved.

Cheers.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Today I tried the newly released Catalyst 9.1 and I have to say that image quality has significantly improved. Not sure if it is better than XP but definetely on a similar level. What still sucks is the playback of HD with occasional glitches. Found that this only happens if content is located on a windows share. Works perfect with XP but sucks on Vista and everything I tried did not fix the problem.

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Today I tried the newly released Catalyst 9.1 and I have to say that image quality has significantly improved. Not sure if it is better than XP but definetely on a similar level. What still sucks is the playback of HD with occasional glitches. Found that this only happens if content is located on a windows share. Works perfect with XP but sucks on Vista and everything I tried did not fix the problem.

Did you face theses bugs? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/offtopic-57/ati-catalyst-9-1-out-now-53747/

jo16v

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Did you mean you tried 9.1 on XP or Vista? Others are reporting that it breaks DXVA in XP.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Did you mean you tried 9.1 on XP or Vista? Others are reporting that it breaks DXVA in XP.

Tried in Vista X86 and did not find any problems so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom