Picture size on my television set: Too small! (1 Viewer)

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
January 21, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: InterVideo Audio Decoder
Video Codec: InterVideo Video Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Celeron - 2.80GHz
Memory: 446 MB
Motherboard: FT62 (Shuttle Inc)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR500MCE (b)
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Radeon 9100 Igp (64 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 720x576
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

Hello,

I have a problem - I can't seem to get my picture to fill the entire screen on my television set. Right now I've scaled it to max using the controls in Windows, but it still has large black borders on all sides.

If I enable overscan, I lose way too much instead, which makes it so I can't see the bottom text on subtitled TV!

Does anybody know of a way to increase my picture size?

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
In my nvidia drivers I can zoom and position the picture to get proper overscan. I can also choose an option called "custom timings" so that the desktop mimics the PAL resolution/refreshrate.

There is a utility for doing these things on any card. I think its called power strip.

Knut

MungoBBQ

Portal Member
January 21, 2005
Thanks for your reply.

I've already got the resolution set to PAL standard. Tried powerstrip, but can't find a timing that works with my TV! As soon as I touch the timings, the screen starts rolling...?

Florp

Portal Member
December 19, 2005
MungoBBQ said:
Thanks for your reply.

I've already got the resolution set to PAL standard. Tried powerstrip, but can't find a timing that works with my TV! As soon as I touch the timings, the screen starts rolling...?

Have you tried different resolutions (without changing the scan frequencies)?

Not sure about PAL, but in NTSC, overscan is usually around 700-720 pixels wide; maybe somewhere in-between would work for you.

wiggums

Portal Member
June 25, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Ahhh someone with the same problem as me!
I personally think its the ATI card I have. It seems to be detecting the TV screen and screwing up the size.
If I use a LCD as the Primary and the TV as a clone then the screen size is OK. But I dont want an LCD connected up permanently. I have tried all sorts of options and resolutions but nothing seems to work except for this.....
I am in Australia and also use PAL so maybe this is adding to the issue???
Let me know if you sort it out....

Video Card: ABIT RADEON ATI RX600

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom