PiipTV: LiveTV & remote PVR for Nokia Video Center (1 Viewer)

onkelhai

April 12, 2007
hi,

first of all many thanks for your help, manniainen!!!
now it works nearly correct.
I had to tell the plugin the right path to vlc. I didn't see where to tell the path, because I didn't scroll down in the plugin menu. :oops: there it says "Program Files" and at the german windows it has to be "Programme".

now I can watch the recorded channels with the PiipTV Stream Video Feed in the mobile phone menu.
but if I want to update the channels by clicking on the video center icon it says: invalid data received!
I can access the WebUI and I can see the EPG data of the selected channel.
By using a laptop with VLC I can watch the channel by streaming rtsp://IP:8554/ptv_CHANNEL.sdp even without recording it. this also works using the mobile phone and the onboard real player.
I use the same IP for external and internal IP, because I'd like to use the plugin only in my home WLAN, might that be a problem?
I don't use XMLTV, maybe I have to install it?

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008
Onkelhai,

"but if I want to update the channels by clicking on the video center icon it says: invalid data received!"

Once clicking from Video center main caroucel PiipTV LiveTV, you get this info? I quess that there is some german special character that video center does not allow. In your plugins directory there is piiptv.xml, sent that file to my email piiptv(a)japo.fi and i will check what character it is and i will do espace code for that :)

"By using a laptop with VLC I can watch the channel by streaming rtsp://IP:8554/ptv_CHANNEL.sdp even without recording it. this also works using the mobile phone and the onboard real player."

Yes, this is one piipTV key feature :)

"I use the same IP for external and internal IP, because I'd like to use the plugin only in my home WLAN, might that be a problem?"

That is not a problem, your system sounds working correctly since you can see video & audio :)

"I don't use XMLTV, maybe I have to install it?"

You don't need it since you are using DVB-T/C/S and you can see program data in web ui :) You can use MP build in EPG grabber OR XMLTV, if you have eg. analog system (which does not have buildin EPG option)

PCMAN,

"How can I play the VOD streaming or VOD download from Piiptv with VLC ?
Or existing player for windows XP , that play them?"

Check from your plugins folder PiipVodSt.xml file and there you can see streaming URL's. URL's are like format rtsp://ip:8554/_str_/channelname/program_name.ts

I have one to do in my mind to related this, in some future release i will generate VLC -playlist file to WEB -UI from all recorded files and all liveTV channels. So then you can see automatically all recording in VLC playlist, and there you can select what you want to watch :)

onkelhai

April 12, 2007
I found the problem on my own and it was exactly what you told in your post.
In the piiptv.xml one channel had a strange name like "§"$&§$"&"%%d$%$§&nc/gb$%toöiäsvohünö$§"$!"§$" or something like that ;)
I renamed it, since the channel even doesn't work, it seems to be a bug by MP or by the card driver to name it like that.
Now everythings works fine and I have to say many thanks to you for this plugin!
It's amazingly shows what is possible with todays mobile phones.

If possible it might be usefull in a future release to choose whether you want to use the channel list with all channels or a self made channel list, because at my configuration the All Channels list has much more than 1000 entries and it's not much comfortable to choose the right one. I think I have to tidy it up right now. ;)

:D for your great support!

manniainen

Portal Pro
April 18, 2008

0.6.0.10 Release is out! Main purpose of this release is bring support for multiple users for one piipTV server!!

+ support for multiple RTSP connection; this means that if you have one TV-card, then several person can watch this selected channel and stream recorded clips. (Next release; If you have multiple TV-cards several users can watch different channels and stream recordings.) Limitation comes only from your internet connection speed and your server CPU (VLC encoding eats CPU) Because of this major design / architectural changes has been made in code –level, hope that this does not cause any other problems :)

+ Mediaportal RC3 is now supported (plugin rebuild in RC3 environment, maybe some binary break between RC2 -> RC3) this reason RC2 and older MP versions are not supported anymore

+ if xmltv is selected to be used as EPG source from plugin UI, and in XMLTV.xml there is any channel that match to piipTV.xml, streaming URL’s are over written in piipTV.xml ->fixed
+ EPG grabbed from TV-card are not refressed, if there is no use for service in two days (no streamers or start/stop service) ->fixed
+ if EPG is not available (country supports only analog TV-card, and that country is not in XMLTV coverage area) add there “if modified tag” so that phone’s Video Center is not trying to update EPG all the time, also dummy program added to EPG from same reasons (can be seen in WEB UI)
+ icons moved to -> PiipIcons –folder and temp folder for plugin files created PiipTemp -folder, old files from plugin root is removed automatically

+ editing channel names does not work; in the MP db there is a "channelname" and "displaychannelname" fields, in XMLTV use case “MTV” vs. “MTV finland” epg is not matching, and analog card case channel named are not fetched from network, those can be now renamed from MP TV-server channels setup. Displayname is updated now to WEB UI and LiveTv, PiipTv recordings category name, this diplay name is updated once new recordings is made. To old recordings category name this is not updated, if you have old recordings you need to copy those manually to new folder! And once changing channel displayname remember to also rename you icon files to correct.

+ http –server allows now multiple connections at same time
+ add to SDP parameter “i=channelname / programname” field, some players are using this info to display data in player UI ->fixed
+ pop-up files generation if service is started with 3g or wlan profile and then changed to PC profile from plug-in UI ->fixed

User guide is also updated to up to date, any comments or improvement ideas to user guide, please send me mail or write to MP forum piipTV thread :)

Get it from http://piiptv.japo.fi

uggabugga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2007
    QXQgaG9tZSA7LSk=
    Home Country
    Looks exciting, the new version ;)
    The bad news is that unfortunately my Nokia N95 8GB broke(my self to blame) :(

The good news I got a iPhone 3G, pretty decent phone! But the screen is the best I have seen so far on a mobile. So I'm really looking forward when your plugin will support iPhone 3G :)

Keep up the fantastic job man. A big "Kiitos" from me :)

optx

Portal Member
    September 29, 2008
    Germany
    Nice Work, nice App. :D

Now i can use my N96 here in Germany the way it should be. :D
    Germany suxx with DVB-H :mad:

And thx again for that fast and very helpfull email support

Keep up that fabulous Work !!

optx

Portal Member
    September 29, 2008
    Germany
    I have a little problem. Since yesterday my streaming Ip is the same as the Ip of my pc (192.168.***.***) I can do what i want, it always is changed to this Ip after reboot. Worked fine from the first day that i had piiptv. I did not even have to push the 'GET' button to see the right Ip. Is there something i can do ? I totaly uninstalled the TV-Server and set it up new with no change ...

manniainen

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    OPTX,

If you are using piipTV only from local network, i mean only home then IP should be same as your PC IP like 192.168.1.10.

If you want to use service also from other network, from your friends house or work etc then you need to get your public IP there. Public IP from your ADSL router. (plus that you need to have hole in firewall and maybe do some port forwarding)

To plugin UI, external IP / DNS field you can also type IP or DNS name like "my-server.dyndns.tv" and then press SET -button and that will be then used in piipTV xml's.

If these tips does not help, go to advanced settings and activate full logging and reproduce case and sent tv.log to my e-mail piiptv(a)japo.fi and i will check case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom