Pixelview Mediacenter P7000 (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm having a whole raft of problems running this card in MP. However, I'd like to start at the beginning, it's a very good place to start.

Problem #1.

12/10/2004 22:31:51 capture:No MPEG Video or MPEG Audio outputs found
12/10/2004 22:31:51 capture:HW MPEG2 encoder:False MCE device:False

Now this is a Blackbird based card, and the drivers are installed correctly. There exists a WDM Encoder called "Genesis MPEG-2 Encoder" when I look in graphdit, so how come it's not being picked up?

This is probably a good starting point, at least for me to getting this to work. I am currently playing alot with graphedit, and can get TV playback with no issues, however I currently haven't worked out what combination of filters I would need to use the Mpeg Encoder to record directly to a mpg file. (The output pin is MPEG-TS)

Regards
Colin
PS : I am running the latest release of MP
PPS: Software that came with the card works with HW Encoding fine (~5% CPU during recording.)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Well, the reason it ain't working is because it is not supported yet.
    Thats not a big problem cause noe that you r here we can get it supported.
    So, Could you come to #mediaportal on EFNET ?

There you should meet with Frodo and he will indeed ask you for grapedit pictures from what mediaportal makes and graphs of programs that do work correctly.

Hope seeing you on IRC!

A

Anonymous

I'll see what I can do - The time difference might be a problem (I'm in New Zealand)
    And the HTPC is not connected to the internet - but I can work around that.
    Otherwise, if I'm given a list of what's needed - then I can probably put that together and post it here/PM /email.

A

Anonymous

I haven't been able to get to IRC yet - but I do have a copy of a graphedit screenshot & the accompanying XML file. However I can't put them anywhere at the moment. Can I email them directly to frodo?

A

Anonymous

Have you made any progress on this Colin?
    I have the same card and would love to see it supported.

A

Anonymous

The relevant files have been emailed off. Just waiting for frodo to get back from his much deserved holiday. (8th of this month I think)

A

Anonymous

I also have this card and even though the tuner is not shown as device i pressed "Auto Tune" anyway and i can see it tune the channels (with picture!). But the channels are not saved and i get an error message when i try to watch TV. I´d really love to see this card supported. Media Portal is a great piece of Software that i´d like to stick with and believe me - i tried quite a few. The only Software i get this card working properly with is the "GotTV" Plugin (no longer available).

The software provided by the manufacturer produces "dirty" MPEG streams with lots of useless B-Frames and unexpected GOP´s causing audio and video gaps when demuxing.

OK, so i´ll wait for the next releases of MediaPortal.

Best Regards,

Diego

A

Anonymous

The Leadtek PVR 2000 is now supported. This is almost identical to the Pixelview. Is anyone able to confirm if the card works a little better now?

SageTV works extremely well with the Pixelview card.... Pity it's not as good as MP :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom