Play trailers directly from movie slection? (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I've never tested, but it might work if you change:

MediaPortal config -> Plugins -> OnlineVideos (properties) -> 'Sites' tab -> select "IMDb Movie Trailers" -> change "Site Util" to an Italian one.

Sorry that won't work.

Any way for a non-English user to make Moving-Pictures use a non-IMDb source for trailers then? There are plenty of alternatives in OnlineVideos for non-English trailer sources, but I'm not sure how configurable the link between MovingPictures 'Trailers' and OnlineVideos is.

I see it is all done at skin level, so should be doable then to adjust the 'movingpictures.details.xml' file with the hyperlink info needed to make another non-English trailer site work.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hey Guys.

It's great you are helping out with this. I'm sure other people also might be interrested in this solution.

And yes my "request" is to go from #Step 1, to #Step 4. :)

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hey Guys.

It's great you are helping out with this. I'm sure other people also might be interrested in this solution.

And yes my "request" is to go from #Step 1, to #Step 4. :)

As RoChess already replied, there is a way to skip step 3 (quality) so you only have one extra click (to choose trailer). Only if/until Moving Pictures implement some kind of additional trailer support (see this enhancement request: Issue 26 - moving-pictures - Add Trailer Support - A movies plugin for the MediaPortal media center application. - Google Project Hosting), that's the best you got. And seeing that online trailers are now very neatly integrated, the trailers enhancement request has very low priority ATM so don't expect anything to happen soon. After all, it's only a click ;)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom