Playback of recorded TV is very unreliable (1 Viewer)

willemx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When trying to playback recorded TV, I often get an error message: ''unable to play'' with some (seemingly random) numerical code.
    Sometimes however, the recording plays fine and also sometimes I just get a black screen or just one static videoframe.
    Also, more often than not, when the recording plays and I want to skip a few seconds, the recording just stops instead of skipping to the next part.
    I have a multiseat setup with two dedicated MP PC's: a TV server and a media playback PC (see system specs)

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.

Allthough Im not an expert, main issue seems to be that
    file cannot be accesses properly in Tvserver8 machine

mediaportal.log:
    [2017-06-23 21:34:29,847] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - TSReaderPlayer: Failed to open file:rtsp://tvserver8:554/D2132F2C :0x80004005

tsreader.log:
    Which is probably caused by:

[2017-06-23 21:34:29,844] [1f046850] [1b38] - CRTSPClient::UpdateDuration(): RTSP DESCRIBE timed out, message = liveMedia1

Br,

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When trying to playback recorded TV, I often get an error message: ''unable to play'' with some (seemingly random) numerical code.
    Sometimes however, the recording plays fine and also sometimes I just get a black screen or just one static videoframe.
    Also, more often than not, when the recording plays and I want to skip a few seconds, the recording just stops instead of skipping to the next part.
    I have a multiseat setup with two dedicated MP PC's: a TV server and a media playback PC (see system specs)

On the clients, please try the TsReader.ax (version 4.2.2.35) attached to this post - MP1.16 Remote Client Unable to Play: B43534E1 error watching Recorded TV

To install, replace TsReader.ax in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal with the new version, after making a backup copy of the original MP 1.16 file.

It has longer timeouts for some of the RTSP commands, which will hopefully fix the problems.

willemx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for looking into this!
    I have installed the new TsReader.ax (version 4.2.2.35) and will test it during the coming days and will report back here...

willemx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After a week of testing I can say that this fix has resulted in a huge improvement. I have had very few freezes since the fix and the skipping of steps has become useable again. Thanks a lot!
    BTW: I noticed that the changelog for V1.17 has a fix for TsReader RTSP request timeouts. Is this the same fix that I have just tested?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom