Playback on BASS randomly stopping

Discussion in 'Listen Music' started by The_Stig, December 1, 2014.

1. The_Stig
    • Premium Supporter

The_Stig Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +426 / 5
    Hi @hwahrmann

since I bought a new AVR and have it connected via HDMI I have the issue, that MP's randomly stopping a playlist. Logs for that case attached (should be around 13.00 o'clock).

I suspect the hdmi connection to be faulty in some way, but I am not sure about it (and what I can do about it). So it would be nice, if you could do a short scan of my logs to see if maybe something else is going on there.

Thanks already now.

The Stig.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The_Stig
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 5
    Anyone else since @hwahrmann seems to have no time?

4. HomeY
    • Team MediaPortal

HomeY Test Group

Network Engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,737 / 16
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Hey Stig,

The only thing i have here is that my Radio webstreams seem to stop out of the blue, but i'm pretty sure that's related to incorrect GCHandle stuff (which results in a dispose of the stream).
    I've never had this issue with music playlists, and i also have a receiver in between.

5. The_Stig
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 5
    Hrm, since the problem started after I connected the hdmi (instead of Spdif) I strongly suspect to be a problem on that side. But not quite sure. And since I cannot interpret my logs I hoped for a dev to have a look at...

6. HomeY
    • Team MediaPortal

HomeY Test Group

Network Engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,737 / 16
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    [2014-11-30 13:05:46,686] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer Intel(R) Display-Audio removed
    [2014-11-30 13:05:46,686] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - g_Player.doStop() keepTimeShifting = False keepExclusiveModeOn = False
    [2014-11-30 13:05:46,687] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - g_Player.OnStopped()
    [2014-11-30 13:05:46,688] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RadioRecorded:OnPlayRecordingBackStopped Music D:\Musik\!Weihnachten\07. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Frank Sinatra.mp3
    [2014-11-30 13:05:46,688] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TvRecorded:OnPlayRecordingBackStopped Music D:\Musik\!Weihnachten\07. Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow - Frank Sinatra.mp3
    [2014-11-30 13:05:46,688] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - [WIFI_REMOTE] Playback stopped!

Here something for you to try:
    Open MP Config >> General >> Startup/Resume Settings >> UNcheck 'Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer'.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. The_Stig
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 5
    Nice! Thanks for your Pointer. Will try that.

8. The_Stig
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 5
    Do you have an idea why this would happen? This was in the middle of a normal MP session (no standby/resume at least in the last half hour before)

9. HomeY
    • Team MediaPortal

HomeY Test Group

Network Engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,737 / 16
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    I suspect it being related to HDMI handshake problems. Did you turn of the display?

Code (Text):
    1. [2014-11-30 13:05:38,087] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_SYSCOMMAND (SC_MONITORPOWER)
    2. [2014-11-30 13:05:38,088] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: SC_MONITORPOWER 2
    3. [2014-11-30 13:05:38,778] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_POWERSETTINGCHANGE)
    4. [2014-11-30 13:05:38,778] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: The display is off
    I'm not sure if this is the Audio Renderer you have setup as default dsound device in the Windows Audio Settings, but it seems 'connected' to the HD4000 you're using. turning off the display might also results in the Audio Renderer getting disabled, and then the MP option stops playback.

10. The_Stig
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +426 / 5
    Nope, thats whats making it weird. TV was on all the time.

Thats weird indeed. TV wasn't turned off. So maybe my initial thought that something with the HDMI-cables may be wrong could be right?!?

11. HomeY
    • Team MediaPortal

HomeY Test Group

Network Engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,737 / 16
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    What about Windows Power 'turn of the display' option? Is that set to 'never'?

i don't think so. It's digital so it either works or not ;)
    I think unchecking the options for Audio Device removal should do the trick.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!