Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA

Not sure what is cured by this dll (have to make some more intensive tests) but what it breaks definetively on my system is hybernation.
After wakeup from hybernation MP no longer accepts any keytrokes beside ESC.
Checked multiple times by switching between the two dll's and it is for sure related to the new dll.
Testsystem in this case is Win7Ent x86

Cheers.
grubi.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: AW: Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA

Not sure what is cured by this dll (have to make some more intensive tests) but what it breaks definetively on my system is hybernation.
    Checked multiple times by switching between the two dll's and it is for sure related to the new dll.

Cheers.
    grubi.

It solved my problem changing channels from HDTV to SDTV sat with blank screen video. With new core.dll changing is ok but...
    Now MP shows blank screen after resuming from Standby.

Changing to RC1 core the resume from Standby is OK

Attached logs

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: AW: Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA

Cheers.
    grubi.

Yes can be so as there has been one change after RC1 which also needs MediaPortal.exe to be updated. This change is not related to graph building. Did not see it can cause this problem and thus did not revert it from this dll as my sources were already the newest ones. Sorry about this. Have to check if can be easily reverted and compile a new one. So this is not a bug just incompatibilty between dll and exe.

adams79

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2008
    ... but with this core.dll live TV stops not correct if I go into standby without stopping stream before. (logs later). After resume the last picture is shown and I'd to kill MP via task manager.
    Thx
    I confirm this behaviour.. I have double checked replacing the dll and I confirm that with core.dll from RC1 after standby there are no problems.

Thx

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmm, this didn't do me any favours.

After replacing the core.dll, MP was using the Elecard MPEG-2 decoder (with great big shareware warnings all over the screen) for LiveTV, even though it was set to use the Nvidia one which it was doing before.

Now I've replaced the original core.dll, I just get audio and a black screen and even the audio keeps breaking up.

OK, panic over, it's working again now. I don't know what happened so I'm uploading logs from when it was using the new core.dll, then when it wasn't working with the original one and then when it was working again with the original one.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    New core.dll (vers2) ok here. No zapping problem betw HD ans SD channels. Resuming from Standby OK.

Thanks!!!

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA

With the new dll the hybernate problem is solved.
    However as micmanm already stated the Shift + 1 statistics are now broken.

First test showed that at least my main problem is still persistent with this release.
    I already posted this, that I have sporadic slow-motion like apperance about 5 to 10 times per movie which lasts about 2 to 3 seconds each.
    It does appear on SD TV regardless of channel and codec but does not appear on 720p HDTV.
    So it is either interlaced or SD specific.
    Shift + 1 confirmed that it is not caused by dropped frames.
    The problem was introduced in one of the last SVNs before RC1.
    Switching back to SVN 24669 and everything is smooth again.

Cheers
    grubi.

cokyc

Portal Member
    January 24, 2007
    Hi.
    My pc is an asrock ion 330.
    I have replaced original core.dll with this last one and nothing has changed.
    before and now I have a 1080i hdtv channel played at about 40 fps.

Then , just for test, I have replaced core.dll with the last beta svn and now hdtv is stutter free and fps is 50.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom