Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well done -Manfred-. I didn't have channel changing issues, but your latest core.dll has reduced my dropped frames issue significantly. I don't seem to have dropped frames or stuttering any more. As experienced by others, Shift-1 does not work, but that doesn't matter now that video is very smooth.

It is also using the codecs I have set in configuration (PDVD9 video and MPC-MPA audio) according to GraphStudio. Works well for live TV (1080i, 720p, 576i), recorded TV, video and DVD.

:D

MLH01.

petrovice

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Bamberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Manfred,
    just tried your modified Core.dll. DVB-S Radio is now working with sound :)

But watching a SD channel on fullscreen is broken. I can hear the audio, but image is black. This happens only in fullscreen, preview and small view in TV is working. Graph is also looking good.
    No problem on HD Channels either fullscreen or small mode :rolleyes:

Please take a look at the attached logs - maybe you can find something.

Thanks for your effort!

Regards,
    Peter

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      30.6 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great Manfred,

It was working great, i have to make more test but it's cool :)
    Do you include it in last trunk SVN build ?
    Thanks,
    Seb.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: Playing problems in RC1: TV, radio, AVI, DXVA

Do you also have the problem that Mediaportal won't connect with the Dscaler MPEG2 Video Decoder anymore? I know it worked with 1.02 but since one nightly build of RC1 some time ago it does not work anymore. With this core.dll it won't work either.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Do you also have the problem that Mediaportal won't connect with the Dscaler MPEG2 Video Decoder anymore? I know it worked with 1.02 but since one nightly build of RC1 some time ago it does not work anymore. With this core.dll it won't work either.

Same problem here.
    DScaler stopped working between 1.0.2 and RC1.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    watching a SD channel on fullscreen is broken. I can hear the audio, but image is black. This happens only in fullscreen, preview and small view in TV is working. Graph is also looking good.
    No problem on HD Channels either fullscreen or small mode

This core.dll is better for my XP based system, but last night I tried it on my new Windows 7 Pro x64 system (ATI 5450, EVR) and I get the same problem as reported by petrovice. The same issue is also reported here by mironicus .

lordie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 19, 2007
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    watching a SD channel on fullscreen is broken. I can hear the audio, but image is black. This happens only in fullscreen, preview and small view in TV is working. Graph is also looking good.
    No problem on HD Channels either fullscreen or small mode

This core.dll is better for my XP based system, but last night I tried it on my new Windows 7 Pro x64 system (ATI 5450, EVR) and I get the same problem as reported by petrovice. The same issue is also reported here by mironicus .

Same problem on my setup - black screen in fullscreen mode.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My LiveTV had become very stuttery today so I decided to give the revised core.dll a go, which seems to have fixed the problem. I still have an issue with video playback getting stuck/looping once or twice every time I play something

I updated from Cat 9.8 to 10.2 last night, so perhaps that lead to the stuttering LiveTV.

The attached logs contain .bak files from when I was using the original RC1 core.dll so they can be compared to the .log files if that might help the developers.

I'm using the Cyberlink decoder but if I switch to the Nvidia one, MP uses Elecard instead, so there's something wrong there still.

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Have tried the new core.dll (second version) over the last few days and it is much more stable then the RC1 dll. With the RC1 dll I was not able to use Cyberlink codecs at all (I use the Cyberlink both for SD and HD content with hardware accel, ATI video card). On the RC1 dll I had to use DivX or Core dll for HD content, and MPC for SD content. All other combinations gave no content or freeze. Sometimes when changing from SD to HD and back it all went bad and TV on/off only option.

This DLL seems to be very stable for me at least and back to my codecs of choice! :D Thanks!

4irm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

win7 x64 / ati hd5450 / catalyst 10.2 / RC1 / new core.dll

ms codec works quite well with dxva (sometimes a bit tearing)

powerdvd9 (saf unlocked) codes work, but without dxva.
    HDTV 720p is still watchable (cpu about 90-100%) / 1080i there is a lot of shuttering - unwatchable cpu contantely 100%

any advices?

regards
    irm

Have tried the new core.dll (second version) over the last few days and it is much more stable then the RC1 dll. With the RC1 dll I was not able to use Cyberlink codecs at all (I use the Cyberlink both for SD and HD content with hardware accel, ATI video card). On the RC1 dll I had to use DivX or Core dll for HD content, and MPC for SD content. All other combinations gave no content or freeze. Sometimes when changing from SD to HD and back it all went bad and TV on/off only option.

This DLL seems to be very stable for me at least and back to my codecs of choice! :D Thanks!

which catalyst version and gpu are you using?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom