Playing recorded tv just shows no video and no sound (MP 1.5, multi-seat, win8.1) (1 Viewer)

frankmortensen

Portal Member
April 6, 2010
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have a mulit-seat installation with a couple of clients (Win7) which have been updated from 1.3.0 to 1.5. There's no problem with these installations.
Then I have a new PC (Win8.1) with a fresh installation of 1.5 (not upgraded). And from this PC I cannot watch live/recorded TV.
There seems to be connection between the client and server, as I can see program guide and scroll in the list of recorder TV.
But when I start a recorded tv-show, all that happens is that MP waits (is not responding) about 20 seconds, and then gives back the control, without showing anything from the recorded tv-show.

If I however copy the recorded tv-show that I couldn't start from the MP-TV to a local folder on the PC, and start the file from MP-video - then it plays perfect. So I am assuming that it is not a codec issue?!

In the MediaPortal-Error.log file there is a log entry that says:
...[Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Unable to create/modify gentle.config...
...[Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Failed filter: not found

Please help me find and correct the problem?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. The "Failed filter: not found" message is due to the fact that you haven't configured your TV codecs. Please do that here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

2. I think the gentle.config error may be misleading, but I'm not 100% sure.

Have you modified the permissions on the gentle.config file to prevent MP from modifying or replacing it?
    If not, can you check the permissions on on that file... or maybe even just try to delete it and see if that helps to resolve the problem.

3. Based on the TsReader log, I have the feeling that the real problem here is some kind of network connectivity issue.
    Please can you try to ping WIN7TVSVR from the client and report the result.
    If you have VLC on the client, please can you also try to open the server URLs. You can find them in the TVService.log:
    [2013-12-17 20:42:57,282] [Log ] [12 ] [INFO ] - Controller: streaming url:rtsp://WIN7TVSVR:554/524F0A63 file:E:\MediaPortal\Recorded TV\DR1\Pagten\Pagten - 2013-12-17.ts

Finally, if you have a firewall on the client, please can you try to disable it and see if that helps.

frankmortensen

Portal Member
    April 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    1. Can you tell me what I am to configure? The TV codecs looks OK to me - and I was able to play a .ts file from a local folder. ts-files are supposed to be played using the codec-setup from TV-codecs?
    upload_2013-12-22_18-12-20.png

2. I haven't changed the permissions on the gentle.config file. Groups ALL and SYSTEM had full control. Group USERS only had read. But now I have added full control to group USERS. The problem wasn't solved!
    Deleting also does not solve the problem.

3. Ping works fine. VLC can play the file/stream using: rtsp://WIN7TVSVR:554/DC4DD7FB. But the log file shows that MP tries to open a stream called "rtsp:rtsp://WIN7TVSVR:554/DC4DD7FB". Maybe it is the extra "rtsp" that causes the problem?
    upload_2013-12-22_18-11-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2013-12-22_18-10-16.png
      upload_2013-12-22_18-10-16.png
      46 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. Can you tell me what I am to configure? The TV codecs looks OK to me - and I was able to play a .ts file from a local folder. ts-files are supposed to be played using the codec-setup from TV-codecs?
    Your MediaPortal.xml did not have the settings saved. They were saved for videos and Blu-rays but not TV.
    [collapse]
    <section name="mytv">
    <entry name="deinterlace">0</entry>
    <entry name="autoturnontv">no</entry>
    <entry name="autofullscreen">no</entry>
    <entry name="byindex">yes</entry>
    <entry name="showchannelnumber">no</entry>
    <entry name="channelnumbermaxlength">3</entry>
    <entry name="hideAllChannelsGroup">no</entry>
    <entry name="showChannelStateIcons">yes</entry>
    <entry name="continuousScrollGuide">no</entry>
    <entry name="relaxTsReader">no</entry>
    <entry name="enableRecNotifier">no</entry>
    <entry name="notifyTVBefore">300</entry>
    <entry name="notifyTVTimeout">15</entry>
    <entry name="notifybeep">yes</entry>
    <entry name="confirmTimeshiftStop">yes</entry>
    <entry name="showEpisodeInfo">0</entry>
    <entry name="defaultar">Normal</entry>
    <entry name="allowarnormal">yes</entry>
    <entry name="allowaroriginal">yes</entry>
    <entry name="allowarzoom">yes</entry>
    <entry name="allowarzoom149">yes</entry>
    <entry name="allowarstretch">yes</entry>
    <entry name="allowarnonlinear">yes</entry>
    <entry name="allowarletterbox">yes</entry>
    <entry name="filter0">undefined</entry>
    <entry name="teletextHidden">no</entry>
    <entry name="teletextTransparent">no</entry>
    <entry name="teletextRemember">yes</entry>
    <entry name="teletextMaxFontSize">100</entry>
    <entry name="group">All Channels</entry>
    <entry name="channel">TV 2 (Lorry)</entry>
    </section>
    [/collapse]

So nothing needs to be changed except that the settings in the screenshot needed to be saved.

2. I haven't changed the permissions on the gentle.config file. Groups ALL and SYSTEM had full control. Group USERS only had read. But now I have added full control to group USERS. The problem wasn't solved!
    Deleting also does not solve the problem.
    Okay... but as I said, I don't think that the gentle.config message was the cause of the problem. The question would be: has the log message about gentle.config gone away now?

3. Ping works fine.
    Okay, good. :)

VLC can play the file/stream using: rtsp://WIN7TVSVR:554/DC4DD7FB.
    Okay, good. :)
    So this means we've narrowed the problem to MP or configuration for MP.

Did you try the firewall?

But the log file shows that MP tries to open a stream called "rtsp:rtsp://WIN7TVSVR:554/DC4DD7FB". Maybe it is the extra "rtsp" that causes the problem?
    I think that is just the log message format. Other messages like this show the correct URL:
    [2013-12-22 13:51:27,752] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TSReaderPlayer: Open file: rtsp://WIN7TVSVR:554/DC4DD7FB

frankmortensen

Portal Member
    April 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Finally, if you have a firewall on the client, please can you try to disable it and see if that helps.
    I finally did. And it was the firewall that was causing the problem.
    The below illustration is in danish - but it says that the MediaPortal app is only allowed access to public network - not private.
    I ticked the private box - and now it works.
    Thank you.

upload_2013-12-23_1-6-57.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom