Playing with hyperlinkParameter and List Control indexes (1 Viewer)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Evening all!

Here's a challenge.

I would like a button on Basic Home, or wherever, to take me to a specific item in a listcontrol on another page.

I was wondering if this is even possible and whether hyperlinkParameter could be used. On jumping to the hyperlink, the newly loaded screen I think would have to:

1. Set the listcontrol to ascending date order
    2. Set #selectedindex to the parameter passed by hyperlinkParameter

eg: BasicHome(35)

<control>
    <description>Jump to list button #3</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>103</id>
    <posX>300</posX>
    <posY>200</posY>
    <width>190</width>
    <height>32</height>
    <textureFocus>buttonfocus.png</textureFocus>
    <textureNoFocus>buttonnofocus.png</textureNoFocus>
    <label>#latestMediaHandler.tvrecordings.scheduled3.title</label>
    <hyperlinkParameter>3</hyperlinkParameter>
    <hyperlink>601</hyperlink>
    </control>

>>>>TVSchedulerServer(601)
    How to ....

Set the listcontrol to ascending date order
    Set the #selectedindex to the hyperlink parameter (in the example '3')
    Set the focus to the listcontrol

This would open up all sorts of possibilities for my skin theme if it can be done

Kind regards to all
    RH

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Set #selectedindex to the parameter passed by hyperlinkParameter
    The skin engine sets #selectedindex to the item in the list that has the focus (usually the first one), and the user can move the focus by using the UP and DOWN keys on the remote control or keyboard.

If I have understood you correctly, you want to do the reverse -- you want to set #selectedindex to a specific value, and have the skin engine use that to set the focus. I don't think that that is possible :(, but I am happy to be corrected.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    The skin engine sets #selectedindex to the item in the list that has the focus (usually the first one), and the user can move the focus by using the UP and DOWN keys on the remote control or keyboard.

If I have understood you correctly, you want to do the reverse -- you want to set #selectedindex to a specific value, and have the skin engine use that to set the focus. I don't think that that is possible :(, but I am happy to be corrected.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Yes that's more or less correct. I would like to set the #selectedindex to a value passed by hyperlinkParameter and set the focus.

Of course we would know the control ID of what we want to focus, that should be the easy part by setting the default control on the screen we are jumping to but it is jumping to the correct item in the listcontrol that is the challenge.

I wonder if anyone will think of a solution or way round! It would create all sorts of possibilities if it could be done.

:cool: :cautious: :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom