Playlist containing multiple streams (1 Viewer)

lappmarre

Portal Member
November 29, 2007
Sorry about the delay. Realized this problem was more complex than expected and also had a short vacation. But I really appreciate your efforts to solve it.

There are a few different points to look at:

1) You're right that multiple playlists now d-o play. The reason it did not work for me was that they don't play through the same route as single ones. As previously mentioned, I use PureAudio + ASIO and this works fine for single entries but (now) when playing multiple entry lists, the stream is routed through windows mixer (which I can't hear without changing sound card settings).

2) There now is some kind of conflict when going from listening to a single stream to a multiple stream list. The later one shows up but does not "start" the stream (time counter stays at 0:00). The computer firewall however indicates that something is downloaded. Other way around - starting with a multiple stream list and then going to a single stream - works fine.

3) One problem not mentioned in this thread but a pain for a long time now is that MP hangs (without error message) when trying to play broken streams or just connecting to servers not responding and has to be closed through task manager.

I've reproduced these scenarios and saved logs for each case:

Log 1: Start MP, choose multiple entry .pls, plays but through windows mixer (and therefore can't be heard), stop, choose the same station but as a single entry .pls, works fine, stop, close MP.
Log 2: Start MP, choose single entry .pls, play for five seconds, works fine, stop, choose the same station but inside a multiple entry stream. Now this stream will not start (timer at 0:00) at all. Stop, close MP.
Log 3: Start MP, choose a known broken stream, MP hangs (freezes/does not respond), shut down through task manager.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Problem 1 and 2: Please try with PureAudio disabled and use only native Bass Player. It that works you need to talk to symphy

Problem 3: i will look into the hang. Have you started the none existing stream out of a multiple playlist, because it tries with several addresses and each of them times out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom