[fixed] Playlists : Add an entire library doesn't works (1 Viewer)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    In "Home/Music Library", "Home/Picture Library" or "Home/Video Library" :

When pressing "Add all to playlist", "Progress" window is whown, but no playlist is created.

Same problem for all basics filters (show all, by artist, etc...)

If going in "Home/Music Library/Artist: A*" there is no problem, playlist is well created.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Playlists : Add an entire library doesn't works

"Add all to playlist" adds items to the playlist of a current player. To persist that playlist, you have to move to the playlist management screen and choose "Save current playlist".

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: AW: Playlists : Add an entire library doesn't works

Hi

"Add all to playlist" adds items to the playlist of a current player.

No it doesnt. I just tried again : Into "Music"/"Show All"/"Add all to playlist".
    I can see the "Play item" window (only from the second try), I click on "Play audio items", then I see the "Progress" and ... nothing.

If I go to "Show audio playlist", it says "No items in playlist".

Please try by yourself. I joined a log of 2 tries.

To persist that playlist, you have to move to the playlist management screen and choose "Save current playlist".

Yes, as it ever was.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

Fix confirmed.

But... Maybe it should be recomended not to use a too large playlist (at least for the moment) :

I added about 4000 items (yes, it's a lot ant not a "normal" use, i agree) and then I went to the "show audio playlist". Appears with a little 30 seconds delay.

But when I tried to edit the playlist... Arf ! I killed the process 5 minutes after I clicked on "Edit", because it was staying on the busy cursor, eating 25% of my cpu, and 1.5 Go of memory :eek:

[Edit] I Must add : playlist of 1066 items won't load (is the limit 1024 ?)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I added about 4000 items (yes, it's a lot ant not a "normal" use, i agree) and then I went to the "show audio playlist". Appears with a little 30 seconds delay.

Well, 4000 media items shouldn't be any problem for todays PCs (even for ten year old one :)). So I would say you did discover a bug.

Also the performance seems to be quite far from optimal since it would be almost a second for 100 items (which should be accepted as performance - we need to improve it a lot).

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Playlists : Add an entire library doesn't works

Smeulf, I know that the current list implementation is not performant when too many items are inside. I'm working on a solution at the moment.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Playlists : Add an entire library doesn't works

[Edit] I Must add : playlist of 1066 items won't load (is the limit 1024 ?)

There is no hard limit, only the current panel implementation which contains all the list's items is not performant and needs much time for arranging its items. What does it mean, "playlist of 1066 items won't load"? What happens?

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Albert,

I have this message when I try to open the playlist in question :

2010-12-17 23:48:21.422000 [Error][InputManager dispatch thread]: CommandBaseMarkupExtension: Error executing command '{Command Path=LoadPlaylist}' (Message: 'Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel.')

Sry for the french text...

Don't seems related to the number of items. Player don't crash, i'm trying to determine the exact reason of the error.

I'll post a bug report for this when i'll fond the exact problem. Btw, any tip to help me to debug is wecome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom