"Please specify the IP address or host name of the master TV service" problem (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP froze whilst being on live TV at about 7pm (coincidentally this is when Cbeebies channel stops airing). Missus reset computer and to my horror no Live TV. Tried the cmd DB fix here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/uknown-error-occurred.112535/#post-915986 - no joy.

Reinstalled TV server - no joy.

On the settings screen it says the ip address is set to "Server" which is always has been

In MPTV config I can preview channels fine

Weirdly MyTV series is now showing zero content and yet films are fine and all still there. I have tried to go into MyTV series config and import again, but had a number errors appear in dialog box - seemed DB related.

Any tips greatly appreciated

Last edited:

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi ben1210,

There is the following error in the tvserver_error log.

Code:
     at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

[COLOR=#ff0000]2012-12-18 19:50:41.889516 [PowerScheduler poll thread(14)]: Exception  :Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached[/COLOR].
    Check the connection string: Server=Server;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=MediaPortal;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
      at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Please try the fix provided by @mm1352000 again.

Jean

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi ben1210,

There is the following error in the tvserver_error log.

Code:
     at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

[COLOR=#ff0000]2012-12-18 19:50:41.889516 [PowerScheduler poll thread(14)]: Exception  :Error: DatabaseUnavailableUnclassified[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached[/COLOR].
    Check the connection string: Server=Server;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=MediaPortal;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.

Please try the fix provided by @mm1352000 again.

Jean

Thanks for responding, I tried the DB fix again but no joy. I have used this fix before successfully but this time is different as there is no "Unknown error has occured" message, the only message I get is the "Please specify the IP address etc etc" message and this only displays when I press on the guide button.

Attached is an image of the DB fix screen

and recent log

Any other tips?

Attachments

• screen.jpg
      screen.jpg
      123.2 KB
    Last edited:

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi ben 1210,

Can you preview in tvserver configuration?
    When (re)installing the tvserver, you have the same version installed?
    Can you check the "Gentle XML configuration file" (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server).
    Open it with notepad and search for <DefaultProvider name="MySQL".......... if server="localhost" change it to your pc name or ip adress.
    Have you a singleseat setup?

Jean

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Many thanks Jean

Yes I can preview tv channels fine in tv server config
    Yes I re installed the same TV server exe
    Yes I currently have a single seat server

I will check the Gentle XML config file when I get back home tonight and report back

Thanks again for taking the time to respond

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

check also "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Gentle.config" both gentle config must be the same (The DefaultProvider line must be the same).
    Is there a MediaPortal.exe.Config file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe.Config)

Because there is the following error in mediaportal log:
    2012-12-19 19:56:41.638107 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory' threw an exception. ---> Error: NoConfigStoreFoundUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: FATAL ERROR: No configuration store was found!
    Gentle is unable to continue!
    The handlers emitted the following error messages:
    Unable to create GentleSectionHandler for section named "gentle" in file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe.Config".
    Unable to create FileHandler for file Gentle.config.
    This usually means that the file could not be found in any of the default search locations.
    The handlers threw the following exceptions:
    System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res, String[] args)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowInvalidChar(Int32 pos, Char invChar)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
    at Gentle.Common.FileHandler.LoadXml(TextReader reader)
    at Gentle.Common.FileHandler..ctor(String file)
    at Gentle.Common.Configurator.AddFileHandler(String configStoreName, String fileName)

at Gentle.Common.Configurator.InitializeHandlers()
    at Gentle.Common.Configurator.Configure(String configStoreName, Object instance)
    at Gentle.Common.Configurator.Configure(Object instance)
    at Gentle.Framework.ProviderRegistry..ctor()
    at Gentle.Framework.ProviderFactory..cctor()

If its there, open it with notepad,If that file is blank,you could try to repair (right click -> properties -> previous versions)
    or if you have a backup of the file replace it otherwise reinstall mediaportal + mediaportal tvserver.

Last edited:

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    aha

"Gentle XML configuration file" (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server) seems fine. Server name is correct.

MediaPortal.exe.Config file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe.Config) is there and contents seem fine

"C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Gentle.config" was blank! Restored previous version as instructed and voila TV back on!

TOP MARKS JEAN!

However on changing channels unfortunately I get an application error and close down, I've taken a log straight away and is attached. Also trying to search for films or MyTV series results in similar crash - screengrab of error window also attached

Attachments

• error1.jpg
      error1.jpg
      32.1 KB
    Last edited:

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    Just back from evening school.
    I will check your logs tomorrow

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi ben1210,
    There is still something wrong with the various databases
    first, disable the tvseries plugin and see that you can switch between the different tv channels.
    I think that there is something wrong with the tvseries DB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom