Plenty of Playback Problems (1 Viewer)

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP (newest package install - with MPTVSeries & Moving Pics)
Windows Version: XP Pro
CPU Type: AMD 5050e
HDD: 2 - 1TB WD Caviar Green-Drives
Memory: 2GB DDR2
Motherboard: ASUS M3N78-VM AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 w/ HDMI + Optical S/PDIF Our
Video Card Driver: Nvidia (ON MOBO)
Sound Card Driver: VIA (on MOBO)
HTPC Case: Standard Pc Case
Cooling: Fans
Power Supply: Rosewill 430w 80+ supply
Remote: Using Antech receiever with iMON to make my harmony work like a MCE remote
TV: Vizio 47" LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI
For sound: I USE S/PDIF OPTICAL OUT, NOT HDMI!

I used to have MP working fine, but I had to reformat to solve another issue, anyway this time I followed the guide on AVS forums ( MediaPortal Install Guide - AVS Forum ).

Having errors when playing some movies:
Tropic thunder. "A decoder for the new track could not be found. Track type: SRT/UTF-8." That comes up in a pop up window when I try to play the movie, but it still plays.
Originally, my 3:10 to Yuma wouldn't play at all. It was a TS file, but I just renamed it to mkv. It worked fine on my last XP install. But not anymore. The screen kind of flashes, like it's trying or something, but then just goes back to moving pictures.
Now, Instead of this:# DirectShow Filter Control:
* Video Renderer Settings: Choose Enhanced Video Renderer if you're on Vista or XP with .NET 3.0 Framework.
I just left it on default. I also renamed the file to .ts, as it was originally. Now, it will play with a black screen, although sound will work.

Next: Playing DVD structures - with .ifo files. I am having the worst time getting this to work. It never fills the screen correctly, and most of the controls don't work once inside of it...

___ new addition:
It seems that actually, most movies are choppy when played in MP. this is not the case with windows media player (it's perfect in there)... I've tried every combination of audio/mpeg2/h264 filter, and no dice with any of them.... any ideas??

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Spent the whole day on this...

Fixes:
In Direct Show Filter (MP config, at the bottom), I left that to Default, instead of "enhanced."
My resolution wasn't 1920 x 1080 (for some stupid reason) -> setting this back to 1080p here fixed a lot of problems, believe it or not. Namely, DVD ifo problems.

The sub problem, I saw somebody posted a fix to that somewhere. But I think I'll just install VSFilter when I get a chance, I need to get subtitles working still anyway. Anyone have a "the best way to get subtitles working on mp" ? haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom