Plug Ins Won't Work (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Floorhor

'Again, I just don't know what you're talking about'. You're definitely a nice guy, but I'm gobsmacked!
    Why gobsmacked? With the information you provided, I simply wasn't able to follow what you were doing and what you were talking about. Please keep in mind that although I've been using MP for more than 5 years now, I'm not an expert with every single aspect of it (it's too huuuuge! :) ). Also, I'm on the other side of the world, not looking over your shoulder. I'm doing my best to help, but occasionally you're going to need to explain things you might think are obvious.

I so want this to work...
    You may well be right about the number of people that uninstall and so on. However, let's be clear: we contribute to MediaPortal for a variety of reasons, but the hope that we might make money from it is not one of them. Don't get me wrong. We really appreciate it when people do donate... but we definitely don't expect it. MediaPortal is offered it in the hope that it might be useful. If it isn't useful or doesn't meet expectations for quality, usability or anything else then people are fully within their rights to cut losses and move on. The same applies to you. It's less about open source philosophy and more about being practical.

With regards to the guide data problem...
    I suspect that your guide data has simply run out.

The last time that I can see guide data imported is:
    [2015-08-14 21:53:50,131] [Log ] [SetupTv ] [INFO ] - Xmltv: imported 61 channels, 576 programs status:tvguide.xml:File imported successfully

I note that was a "forced" import. In other words, you triggered it manually. The fact that XMLTV hasn't imported since then indicates there hasn't been any new guide data available. If there was, it would have been imported automatically as and when it became available.

It looks like you're using mc2xml to acquire your guide data. Can I be so bold as to ask: when was the last time you ran mc2xml to update your guide data? ...or have you configured a Windows scheduled task (or something else) to run it automatically as recommended in our mc2xml + XMLTV guide?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml#Schedule_EPG_Updates

Beyond that, I don't see any errors in your log files. So, if I'm wrong about the guide data running out, that leaves me a bit stumped about why you wouldn't be seeing program information in the guide.

Floorhor

Portal Member
    July 26, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It still won't work. Take a look at this screen shot. I cut and pasted to make the batch file. It appeared to properly make a new tvguide file. At a loss here.
    Capture.JPG

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It still won't work. Take a look at this screen shot. I cut and pasted to make the batch file. It appeared to properly make a new tvguide file. At a loss here.
    Look at the XMLTV plugin import status field shown in the screenshot. It says "...invalid XML file:An error occurred...". That's not something you can just ignore. It's telling you there's a problem with your guide data file, and it can't be imported.

Based on your previous log files I'm guessing that you've configured mc2xml to pull from the Microsoft non-legacy service. If that's the case, make sure you've got the latest version of mc2xml. We reported a bug to the mc2xml developer(s) last week, and they released an update to fix it. I quote from the mc2xml home page:
    2015-08-11: MS has added ampersands to the program images. Send an email if your PVR software has any problems importing the xmltv file (due to the icon tag with unencoded &amp;) and I will reply with an update that encodes/fixes it (a quick fix if your PVR doesn't use images: sed "/<icon/d" xmltv.xml > xmltv.out )

If that doesn't help then please zip and attach your tvguide.xml file so that I can check it.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Floorhor

are you using the mc2xml/donator version with the new win7/8 download options? A few people have reported similar parsing errors. There is info about this on the mc2xml download webpage and there is a newer mc2xml version to fix this problem. Could you upload you tvservice.log and setuptv.log files?

2 MP links on this topic, the problem/fix is for a specific problem with <icons and the & symbol.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...parsing-entityname-error.131705/#post-1148481

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...pg-guide-data-in-the-u-s.123227/#post-1148478

Floorhor

Portal Member
    July 26, 2015
    Home Country
    I got the guide working and it's been doing fine for a couple of weeks! I wanted to take a breather before I tackled the next thing, which is MP locking up when I hit FF. It doesn't happen that often, but during a session of FF'ing through commercials, it happens. I have to go to task manager and kill MP.

I use W7. The media is on a NAS, if that helps. I've attached the log.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I got the guide working and it's been doing fine for a couple of weeks!
    Great. :)

I wanted to take a breather before I tackled the next thing, which is MP locking up when I hit FF. It doesn't happen that often, but during a session of FF'ing through commercials, it happens. I have to go to task manager and kill MP.

I use W7. The media is on a NAS, if that helps. I've attached the log.
    If the log files are meant to show the problem... well, the problem isn't obvious to me.

You have said the problem happens during fast forwarding of commercials. In the log files, I see you play the following media:
    • \\WDMYCLOUD\Public\Shared Videos\Recorded TV\13.1 WLOS-AB\Jeopardy!\Jeopardy! - 2015-08-29.ts
    • \\WDMYCLOUD\Public\Shared Videos\uploaded\Movies\E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) [DVD] [PG] [voted 7.9] [Family-Sci-Fi]\E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) [DVD] [PG] [voted 7.9] [Family-Sci-Fi].mkv
    • \\WDMYCLOUD\Public\Shared Videos\uploaded\Movies\Alien (1979) [Unknown] [R] [voted 8.5] [Horror]\Alien (1979) [Unknown] [R] [voted 8.5] [Horror].mkv

The only one of these that I can imagine would have commercials is the first Jeopardy! recording. However, if you had killed MP then it seems impossible that you would have gone on to play ET and Alien in the same session. So, I suspect that the log files do not cover the time period in which the problem occurred.

To make sure we're "on the same page", please can you specify:
    • which file or channel you were viewing
    • the approximate date and time
    ...when the problem occurred.

Floorhor

Portal Member
    July 26, 2015
    Home Country
    You're right. I watched the Jeopardy recorded tv without it locking up. It may play two or three recorded tv show without problem. In this case it played Jeopardy without a problem. So I went through a couple of movies to 'encourage' it to lock up. The lock up occurred during Alien. As you can see, all media are on the MyCloud drive. It would have occurred just before the log file was created and the previous post was posted.

Hope that's what you were asking for. Since I had to shut down MP from task manager, I don't known what that did to watchdog.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right, that helps - thanks. :)

I think this is probably the only indication of the problem:
    [2015-09-01 18:45:40,417] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - VideoPlayer:confused:uccessfully set rate to 2
    [2015-09-01 18:45:40,430] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - VideoPlayer:confused:etRate to:2
    [2015-09-01 18:45:41,546] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - VideoPlayer:confused:uccessfully set rate to 4
    [2015-09-01 18:45:41,561] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - VideoPlayer:confused:etRate to:4
    [2015-09-01 18:45:43,531] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - VideoPlayer:Could not set rate to 8, error: 0x8004025c
    [2015-09-01 18:45:43,543] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - VideoPlayer:Using skip-step fast-forward/rewind, rate 8
    [2015-09-01 18:45:43,554] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - VideoPlayer:confused:etRate to:8

Note the "could not set rate..." entry.
    The error code ("HRESULT") means:
    Cannot play back the audio stream: the audio format is not supported.
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375623(v=vs.85).aspx

In other words, I think the combination of codecs that you're using don't support the 8x fast forward speed.

Floorhor

Portal Member
    July 26, 2015
    Home Country
    Surprisingly, most of the time 8x works. I typically use 8x. In fact I've noticed most of the time, it locks up when I hit FF the first time (2x). I've loaded a few AV programs. Some have their own codec package or have recommended a codec package (I hope package is the correct word. They typically have a stack of codecs in them.) Is it possible there are conflict among the codecs? Seems like I remember MP installed its own package.

Is it possible to list the codecs I have on my machine and send them to you?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it possible there are conflict among the codecs?
    Codec conflicts are unlikely to be the cause of this. In general, behaviour/reliability of FF/RW is very dependent on your GPU, and the codecs and splitter you choose to use. That's why I suggested simply trying different codecs.

Is it possible to list the codecs I have on my machine and send them to you?
    I'm not able to offer recommendations for you, because I completely avoid FF/RW. Instead I use skip steps. They're 100% reliable, and I also find it faster to get to the position that I want to get to. I quickly learnt that ad breaks are [for example - true for most channels in NZ] 3m 45s. A few key presses and ads are gone.

You can tinker with your codec settings here.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/0_Video_Codecs
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom