[Plugin][Alpha] MP Photo Slideshow (1 Viewer)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Check to see that the .dll was properly installed in the Program Files \ Team Media Portal \ Media Portal \ plugins \ windows directory. If it's not showing up in the configuration tool there should be something in the config file as to why it wasn't loaded (not sure why there isn't).

Yes, it is present.

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
September 12, 2013
Home Country
Check to see that the .dll was properly installed in the Program Files \ Team Media Portal \ Media Portal \ plugins \ windows directory. If it's not showing up in the configuration tool there should be something in the config file as to why it wasn't loaded (not sure why there isn't).

Yes, it is present.
Do you get any errors when you launch the configuration tool? You are doing this via the media portal configuration desktop application, not in the Media Portal user interface, right? What version of MP? It is called MPPhotoSlideshow in the plugin screen, it's not there disabled or something?

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
This is strange. I restarted MP Config to recheck, and now it is there! Perhaps I just missed it, but I did use a text editor to examine the mediaportal.xml file (because I wondered about the name) and search did not find "slide". MP itself had been restarted in the interim.

Sorry for the "false" report.

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I was having problems with this plugin as a screensaver, but managed to figure it out. I wanted to share it here in case anyone else ran into it.

The slideshow would start and go for a while. At some point, I'd get an exception and MP would have to exit to continue. See attached image. The logs in both mediaportal and the MPslideshow directories show nothing of interest.

I just looked at the file names and noticed a few files I had chosen were recovered from a drive with failures and the names were funny... started with "_" or contained [ or ]. It dawned on me that perhaps the XML config file could not handle these names.... I renamed the offending files and the plugin is working flawlessly now.

Thanks again for your work on this... It works great!

The only outstanding issue for me is that the screensaver kicks in when I watch Netflix using the NetflixAlpha plugin because it launches a separate player to render the silverlight controls. I'll ask that forum about it.

Cheers.

GEoff

Attachments

• screensaver-error.png
      screensaver-error.png
      36.1 KB

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi there,

I've been using this a while now and I like it. Thanks for your work on it.

I may be in the minority, but I don't use the templates as you've designed the plugin. I seem to always be working around them. I disable all but the OneWidePhoto.

Would it be possible to have a simpler version of the plugin where you add the picture directories and simply displays the pictures from those directories... ignoring aspect ratio, cache, etc.

I would like to be able to add pictures to the directory and have them be added to the cycle without restarting MP.

I realize this is in fact a request for a different plugin :) If you are not interested, I understand. In that case, would you be willing to share your source so I could put something together?

Cheers.

Geoff

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I've been using this a while now and I like it. Thanks for your work on it.

I may be in the minority, but I don't use the templates as you've designed the plugin. I seem to always be working around them. I disable all but the OneWidePhoto.

Would it be possible to have a simpler version of the plugin where you add the picture directories and simply displays the pictures from those directories... ignoring aspect ratio, cache, etc.

I would like to be able to add pictures to the directory and have them be added to the cycle without restarting MP.

I realize this is in fact a request for a different plugin :) If you are not interested, I understand. In that case, would you be willing to share your source so I could put something together?

Cheers.

Geoff

I could probably add a setting to add ignore aspect ratio. I actually wrote a service that watches the directories, but I just never got around to making one complete installer for the plugin and service. The MP2 version of this addin includes the service. You could install that to have it watch your directories without having to rebuild the cache. Source is available on Github, if you want to do something special for yourself.

https://github.com/sccrgoalie1/MP1PhotoSlideshow

mrceolla

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2010
    This stopped working for me in 1.6. I don't know why. When the plugin loads I just see the Titan wallpaper and nothing else. I tried uninstall/reinstall of the plugin but that didn't fix it. Please help me troubleshoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom