[Plugin][Alpha] MP Photo Slideshow (2 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tested this and it looks good so far (y)
    Nevertheless I have some questions:
    1. Where is the cache located? (searched the thumbs folder, but did not find it)
    2. The pictures shown are bad quality, and often the aspect ratio is wrong.
    Anything to do about this?

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Unfortunately, animation will not be supported in the MP1 version of the plugin, as I haven't been able to find a good way to trigger the animation except on the first page load. It will be supported in the MP2 version at some point though. As far as support for panoramas go, I'm not sure the best way to handle this. Currently pictures are loaded based on whether they are horizontal or vertical. If we add a third category (panoramas), you really have to have a large collection of them to make it worthwhile. Personally I have thousands of photos but one panorama so it wouldn't work well at all for me.
    Yes, I have more of them ;-) My Sony NEX has a nice panorama automatic.
    If aninamtion is not possible what about scollling manually or do you have another idea about prasentation of panoramas?
    My thought would be rather than scrolling, I could add a third category where the width of the image is > 2 times the height. Then you would just need to create a template that also fit the requirement with at least one photo width being > 2 times the height. Does that make sense?[DOUBLEPOST=1381495970][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Tested this and it looks good so far (y)
    Nevertheless I have some questions:
    1. Where is the cache located? (searched the thumbs folder, but did not find it)
    2. The pictures shown are bad quality, and often the aspect ratio is wrong.
    Anything to do about this?

1. The cache isn't so much a cache of thumbs, but rather a file that contains a list of all your photos with width and height (in program data). This allows for much quicker loading and searching.
    2. As far as quality goes, i'm not sure what I can do with that, all I do in the code is set the file name, Media Portal does the loading. With regard to aspect ratio photos are stretched to fit whatever size is determined in the template and only differentiated by width greater than height or height greater than width. All templates included should have a default aspect ratio of 4:3 which is supposed to be the default for most cameras. Any suggestions on a better way to do this?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    All templates included should have a default aspect ratio of 4:3 which is supposed to be the default for most cameras. Any suggestions on a better way to do this?
    I think a lot of cameras use other aspect ratios than 4:3 ;)
    I use e.g. the 16:9 resolution in Full HD.
    To get the proper aspect ratio, we have in MP skin engine the property <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>, so independently of the given witdth/height, MP scales correct inside that container ;)

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    All templates included should have a default aspect ratio of 4:3 which is supposed to be the default for most cameras. Any suggestions on a better way to do this?
    I think a lot of cameras use other aspect ratios than 4:3 ;)
    I use e.g. the 16:9 resolution in Full HD.
    To get the proper aspect ratio, we have in MP skin engine the property <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>, so independently of the given witdth/height, MP scales correct inside that container ;)
    That makes perfect sense, it just won't work the way the plugin is currently built. I have some ideas on how to improve this, so let me see what I can come up with. I really would like to keep it so users can create their own templates, but maybe that won't be possible....

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Version 1.0.0.3 released

-Changed settings locations - MUST REBUILD CACHE, if you already created some of your own templates you'll need to copy these from the C:\ProgramData\Team Media Portal\MPSlideshowTemplates.xml to C:\ProgramData\MPPhotoslideshow folder
    -Photos now keep their aspect ratio and fit to a template based on certain aspect ratio ranges (see wiki)
    -New setting to enable/disable a template if you don't need it (eg. new panorama template)
    -Removed label position settings as these are now set programmatically (WIP - having a hard time getting these positioned right when keeping the aspect ratio)
    -Default label color is now white as they don't appear on the photos anymore but rather below

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    your setup create an folder MPPhotoSlideshow on programdata/
    can you move it to program data / Team mediaportal / mediaportal ?

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    your setup create an folder MPPhotoSlideshow on programdata/
    can you move it to program data / Team mediaportal / mediaportal ?
    Not sure I understand the question, but the folder is created ProgramData/MPPhotoSlideshow on purpose, this allows me to let MP1 and MP2 versions of this plugin to share settings easily.[DOUBLEPOST=1381779546][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Unfortunately, animation will not be supported in the MP1 version of the plugin, as I haven't been able to find a good way to trigger the animation except on the first page load. It will be supported in the MP2 version at some point though. As far as support for panoramas go, I'm not sure the best way to handle this. Currently pictures are loaded based on whether they are horizontal or vertical. If we add a third category (panoramas), you really have to have a large collection of them to make it worthwhile. Personally I have thousands of photos but one panorama so it wouldn't work well at all for me.
    Yes, I have more of them ;-) My Sony NEX has a nice panorama automatic.
    If aninamtion is not possible what about scollling manually or do you have another idea about prasentation of panoramas?
    There is a panorama template in the latest version for you to try out.

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Downloaded and installed. No error messages or anything weird. But plugin is not visible in MP config. .xml file in default skin is present, and .xml file in templates dir is present. Are there logs I can look at / send? (Config log has nothing.) How would one manually install?

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Downloaded and installed. No error messages or anything weird. But plugin is not visible in MP config. .xml file in default skin is present, and .xml file in templates dir is present. Are there logs I can look at / send? (Config log has nothing.) How would one manually install?
    Check to see that the .dll was properly installed in the Program Files \ Team Media Portal \ Media Portal \ plugins \ windows directory. If it's not showing up in the configuration tool there should be something in the config file as to why it wasn't loaded (not sure why there isn't).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom