Plugin: [Beta] MP Photo Slideshow 2 (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @sccrgoalie1, thanks for your work on this plugin! (y) Do you have any plans for a tighter integration into MP2 architecture?

I could think about:
    • Using the MediaLibrary to: create the shares, filter the images
    • Using MP2-Playlists to hold the list of images (can be saved and loaded by plugins)
    • Integrate into Picture browsing, like current "Add all to playlist" you could offer "Play all as Slideshow" --> this way you could create a slideshow based on current filter (no matter if by share or any other criteria).

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @sccrgoalie1, thanks for your work on this plugin! (y) Do you have any plans for a tighter integration into MP2 architecture?

I could think about:
    • Using the MediaLibrary to: create the shares, filter the images
    • Using MP2-Playlists to hold the list of images (can be saved and loaded by plugins)
    • Integrate into Picture browsing, like current "Add all to playlist" you could offer "Play all as Slideshow" --> this way you could create a slideshow based on current filter (no matter if by share or any other criteria).

These are good ideas and something I will look into. Originally it was just a "quick" conversion of my MP1 plugin, but MP2 is much more powerful and I can do a lot more with it. I've been spending my time creating a template builder, so users can quickly create their own configuration, but after I complete that I look into making this a tighter integration with MP2 architecture. I know there are some outstanding requests in regards to improving picture viewing in MP2, so this would be good for me to work on.

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Here are your logs and here is a thought....
    Is it possible I get a black screen because on my 64Bit machine the installer did not write the directory information for the Config tool to know where everthing is?
    I say this because if I double click either the Background Image or Border File Path boxes it does not know where they are.

View attachment 142604 View attachment 142605
    Thanks, everything looks good but it appears there is a null reference exception I need to squash. I'll let you know when I have a fix.
    @breese I put 1.0.4 up, please let me know if it fixes your issue.

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Here are your logs and here is a thought....
    Is it possible I get a black screen because on my 64Bit machine the installer did not write the directory information for the Config tool to know where everthing is?
    I say this because if I double click either the Background Image or Border File Path boxes it does not know where they are.
    Those paths are relative as they are located in the skin directory. If you choose your own files then you would put a full path in.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    I added more pictures to the folder....
    You are much closer but....
    The MP2-Client button is still transparent, you can see the background.
    MP_Photo_00.jpg

When running the show, it randomly gives me this.
    On the left side it displaies 1/1/0001
    MP_Photo_01.jpg

All the log files are included

Attachments

• MPPhotoSlideshow2.xml
      240 bytes
    • MPSlideshowCache.xml
      4.7 KB
    • SlideshowTemplates.xml
      67.4 KB

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I added more pictures to the folder....
    You are much closer but....
    The MP2-Client button is still transparent, you can see the background.
    I don't know why the program image doesn't work with the Titan skin, it works with all the others. I'll see what I can figure out...

When running the show, it randomly gives me this.
    On the left side it displaies 1/1/0001
    All the log files are included
    This is quite simply due to the fact you don't have a picture that matches the template that is in that left side. I should set it to hide that picture and date completely. You'll see if you add more pictures to the collection that match all the templates that will go away. Alternatively, you could edit that template to make it match different pictures. Hope that makes sense...

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I changed the template to One Tall Photo as a test, got the same results.
    When I went back into the Config application, it shows the template back to Two TallOneWide

Attachments

• MPSlideshowCache.xml
      8.9 KB
    • MPPhotoSlideshow2.xml
      240 bytes
    • SlideshowTemplates.xml
      67.4 KB

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I changed the template to One Tall Photo as a test, got the same results.
    When I went back into the Config application, it shows the template back to Two TallOneWide
    All templates are shown randomly.

Last edited:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Home Country
    I went thru and disabled each template
    Starting at the top, I enabled 1 template at a time, clicked the Build Cache button, and did a quit save.
    Started MP2-Client and tested the tamplate
    Everything was Great until
    One Panorama (all I got was the 1/1/001 )
    One Square 3 Wide Left side 1/1/0001 right side perfect)

Also, this folder has 16 pictures and the randomizer seems to like the same pictures over and over again.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• MPPhotoSlideshow2.xml
      240 bytes
    • MPSlideshowCache.xml
      46 KB
    • SlideshowTemplates.xml
      67.4 KB

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I went thru and disabled each template
    Starting at the top, I enabled 1 template at a time, clicked the Build Cache button, and did a quit save.
    Started MP2-Client and tested the tamplate
    Everything was Great until
    One Panorama (all I got was the 1/1/001 )
    One Square 3 Wide Left side 1/1/0001 right side perfect)

Also, this folder has 16 pictures and the randomizer seems to like the same pictures over and over again.

Hope this helps

The way the plugin is built the today you will just get 1/1/0001 where you don't have any photos that fit the criteria (this will change in the next version). So, the One Panorama does that because you have no photos that are panorama as defined by the plugin. Again, same thing with One Square, you have no photos that are considered Square by the Application. A handy new feature in 1.0.0.4 shows you exactly how many pictures of a particular Aspect Ratio you have. So, if you open the config and select the One Panorama template you'll notice on the right side you have no photos.

The randomizer issue is again due to too few pictures. If you refer to the wiki, you'll notice that there are 4 different categories, so you can imagine for you maybe you have four of each type which will cause you to quickly see the same picture.

No need to Build the Cache over and over. Once is enough when first installing. There is a service that will add new photos for you if you add them to the watched folder.

Hope this clears it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom