[Plugin] Chess (1 Viewer)

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Country flag
    Hi
    Im running chess 0.3 on windows 7 with BlueSkinWide and I get the floowing error and MP is trashed I have o kill it form the task manager.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.MyChess.MyChessGUI._Game_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any ideas what is going on?

Cheers

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I recompiled Kroko´s version with 1.2. It is working fine for me. As I have not seen a response I assume it is no more supported, so i am uploading my recompiled version.
    All the credit goes to kroko.
    You have to use kroko´s original plugin and just substitute Chess.dll for MP1.2
    Please understand that i cannot do any more support for the plugin if this should not work for you.
    Greetings, huha

Update: Below I am documenting the code changes i did in the plugin:

MyChess.cs:

line 45:
    //huha changes:
    // replaced MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.Dir.Base by MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.Dir.Config to avoid Windows Vista UAC access rights to program folder for saving and loading games
    // added assembly plugin compatibilty in assembly.cs
    // changed version number from 0.4.0.0 to 0.4.0.1

// changed project properties .net framework to 3.5
    // unchecked project properties build code optimization
    // unchecked project properties build trace
    // one of the latter three caused for me an "image could not be loaded" exception of the plugin

Line 60:
    if (File.Exists(MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.GetFolder(MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.Dir.Config) + "\\chess.sav"))

Line 270:
    string path = MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.GetFolder(MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.Dir.Config) + @"\chess\";

Line 551:
    if (File.Exists(MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.GetFolder(MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.Dir.Config) + "\\chess.sav"))

Line555:
    StreamReader sr = new StreamReader(MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.GetFolder(MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.Dir.Config) + "\\chess.sav", false);

Line 766:
    StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.GetFolder(MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.Dir.Config) + "\\chess.sav", false);

ChessSetupForm.cs:
    Line143:
    string path = MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.GetFolder(MediaPortal.Configuration.Config.Dir.Config);

AssemblInfo.cs:
    // Sie können alle Werte angeben oder die standardmäßigen Revisions- und Buildnummern
    // übernehmen, indem Sie "*" eingeben:
    [assembly: AssemblyVersion("0.4.0.1")]
    [assembly: AssemblyFileVersion("0.4.0.1")]

[assembly: CompatibleVersion("1.1.6.27652")]
    [assembly: UsesSubsystem("MP.SkinEngine")]
    [assembly: UsesSubsystem("MP.Config")]

Attachments

• Chess.zip
      20.1 KB · Views: 96

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    AW: [Plugin] Chess

Long awaited - finally there! Big :D huha!
    And now: Could you recompile the other games of kroko as well - seems he is not very active here...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag

Hi huha, put the dll into plugin\windows, and I also have the old Chess folder in MP base folder (because the My+Chess.mpi form archive won´t install). But when starting Chess, I don´t get the message from the program (AFAIK something Hello from the chess engine or similiar), and I also can´t make any move.
    Any ideas/hints?

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Catavolt,
    I have not used any other games from kroko and do not have the time to follow that up - sorry. I hope someone else can recompile.
    On chess I did change the save folder to ProgramData (like described here in my previous post). I have installed the chess engine in
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Chess
    and do get the window message at the beginning. I am using your skin PureVisionHD.
    The chess engine i got from the source code of kroko in the release folder

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag

Hi huha, found it out by myself where to put the Chess engines (from the error message in Config referring to a path not found) ;)
    Again :D for your efforts. Maybe I provide a MPEI for Chess here later ;)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag

Well, here we go ;)
    Made up a Chess.mpei with a new chess.xml for DefaultWide. Tested the install three times, worked OK.
    Have fun :D

Attachments

• 00-30-08.jpg
      00-30-08.jpg
      90.8 KB · Views: 100
    • Chess.mpe1
      3.2 MB · Views: 134

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Chess for MP1.3 alfa
    I recompiled for 1.3 alfa. This version should work for both MP1.2 and Mp1.3 alfa.
    I also added a few error messages if the chess engine is not found and the settings are now stored in a separate xml file, as i had issues before.

The .dll file is in Chess.zip and needs to replace the old version chess.dll.
    Please provide some testing.

Update: zappa needs version 2 protocol, ufim needs version 1

Attachments

• Source.zip
      1.3 MB · Views: 97
    • Chess.zip
      20.6 KB · Views: 99
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread