[Plugin] Chess (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Germany Germany
Chess for MP1.4
atatched the chess.dll compiled for MP1.4. I only changed the version number in AssemblInfo.cs.

Attachments

Nexon

Portal Member
August 23, 2013
Germany Germany
I got the new chess.dll from huha, thanks man!

However, could someone provide me with the remaining files needed for this plugin?

The .mpe1 file provided by catavolt only works for MP 1.2 and the .rar file uploaded by SilentException doesn't seem to work for me either. Still getting errors when trying to configure the plugin and the whole functionality of the game is missing inside MP.

Nexon

Portal Member
August 23, 2013
Germany Germany
Much obliged, but I'm afraid this is not what I wanted. I already have the necessary skin files for the skin I'm using and modified them a bit.

I'm looking for the files that make the game actually work. I can open the game inside MP and the interface works fine as far as I can tell but I can't play it. The timers don't count up, I can't adjust the level and the computer doesn't do anything and so on. Right now I only have the skin files and the new DLL but there's obviously more.

Wirklich schade, dass das Plugin nicht mehr soviel Aufmerksamkeit bekommt. ;)

Nexon

Portal Member
August 23, 2013
Germany Germany
Thanks, works like a charm.

Turns out that I already had those files after all but I put them in the wrong place. My bad.

I'm kinda disappointed that you can only play against the computer. Would be nice if there was an option for two players sitting in front of the TV were both of them just hand over the remote (or any other input device) to control the pawns. Well, maybe someone will add that sometime.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Ireland Ireland
    Pity this has stopped development.

Playing chess on the big screen while listening to some music is nice so I needed something that works a little better. I found DreamChess which is free/open source and works well with directional controls so good with the remote.

Some tips: I use IRSS for my remote so remote presses are passed as keys system wide. Also I use the Emulators plugin to launch the game.

Last edited:

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Germany Germany
    Chess for MP1.6
    attached the chess.dll compiled for MP1.6. I only changed the version number in AssemblInfo.cs and the .net framework 4.0.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    joecrow 1.25.0 Radio Time plugin fails after Resume from Sleep with MP 1.25 Bugreports 3
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    E aktuelle englische Forums Webseite von - Showtime Plugin v3 Plugins & Erweiterungen 4
    mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    joecrow MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin General Support 58
    vapourEyes Building TV Plugin General Development (no feature request here!) 49
    Golf4 Nach Windows-Updates läuft TV-Plugin nicht mehr Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    joecrow How about a Launcher plugin for MP1? MediaPortal 1 6
    D [solved] TVServer Plugin must be missing something. General Development (no feature request here!) 1
    framug Nouveau plugin XmlTvFR pour récupérer le guide télé français Kazer / ZguideTv (WebEPGfr) 11
    emphatic Allow remote control mapping of all plugins Improvement Suggestions 0
    D Where should plugins be located on hard drive? General Support 0
    D how to disengage from one version of a plugin to use another Newcomers Forum 0
    cbr954rr How to disable a pre-configured plugin? General 2
    mrmojo666 [Plugin]Marantz Control Plugin 0.0.0.2 MediaPortal 1 Plugins 2
    mrmojo666 beginner: trying to write a plugin, need help to catch event General Development (no feature request here!) 3
    framug [Rejected] Fix PowerScheduler plugin for MP2 single seat Submit: Code Patches 9
    doskabouter [Question] Stale plugins Developer Discussions 9
    M MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins General Support 14
    Terra LAVFilter Plugin cannot be updated (MP1.23) MediaPortal 1 Plugins 10
    L Mediaportal 1.21 and Windows 10: user schedules de-activated when powerscheduler plugin is selected General Support 1
    C Can the XmlTv Plugin handle 600+ channels? General 3
    M Online Video Plugin V.2.32 keine Installtion unter MediaPortal 1.22 ? TV / Streaming 3
    emphatic Pictures in the cloud - would a plugin be possible for services like Google Photos MediaPortal 1 Plugins 1
    C where is the Online Videos plugin General Support 1