eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
nice idea to have a game-menu :)

I would like to have chess in mp too :)

I second the proposales of tomtom21000. Maybe battleship should be played over the server so two people in different rooms can compete.

eagle

Stone123

Portal Member
July 19, 2007
Home Country
Hi there,

I started to work on the project. Right now I will busy the next weeks. To short the time for you until I'm ready -> here is a preview of the plugin.

Greetz
kroko

:)

It worked good in stable MP . I upgraded to SVN version and it stoped functioning, as it is expected i think..

It should be ajustuble to level. I don't know if you tryed crafty chess engine. It is realy simple.

http://www.craftychess.com/

And the game that i use most often is pawn(becouse it has move back when you regret some move ). Realy good user interface :

http://www.download.com/Pawn/3000-7562_4-10495650.html?tag=lst-0-1

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Stone123,

right now I'm using external chess engines which normally uses with software like winboard. So I only need to program the gui and a move checker.

Zappa is a free engine and use protool v2. There are may 100+ engines which could be used just by exchanging the enine.
http://www.tim-mann.org/engines.html

I plan to do a setup, so the user can use whatever engine.

-> I have the undo move button already working.
-> And I can now show also the possible moves when you click a stone.
-> And of course you can set the deep of searching moves

Anyway for beginner it plays way to good even on deep 1.

Still I missing some function like check for en passant (who is doing this ?)
or rochade if your are checked.

Give me a little bit more time and there will be another release of course for the SVN also.

A later goal on the will be do have better gfx.

:)

Greetz
kroko

Stone123

Portal Member
July 19, 2007
Home Country
One more thing. In preview version of chess if you leave computer on after playing chess for a day it freezes the computer.

Normal 32 bit 2.2 Athlon computer
1 gig of RAM-mem.

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everybody,

I updated the screenshot and the plugin. There is a dll for the 0.2.2 and the SVN/RC. Download on the top of this thread. I need to change some structures in the plugin. Thats why it still need to implement the check search. Anyway, if you like take a look.

;)

Greetz
kroko

Stone123

Portal Member
July 19, 2007
Home Country
Can you change pawn into queen when at the end of the board?

And one more question.

Do you kill chess engine when game is over? It looked to me that it ran in background and crashed my compter.
2007-08-05 19:28:22.283843 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 36553969
2007-08-05 19:28:38.363820 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 36553969

SVN Version , no chessboard movment. Just left controlls.

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Stone123,

in this version you need to read the install instructions:

Install:
Copy the folder "chess" some on your hd. I have it in the MP folder
In the configuration set the engine (exe file) and select protocol v2
copy the skin and media files into the folder
copy the dll into the plugin folder

I changed to a setup, so you could use what ever engine. Right now go to the setup and set the path to zappa.exe (Chess folder in the ZIP)

Of course we need to transform to a queen. (always?) It would be easiert to say always to queen. I will add this right now.

I will do some work on the language part, but this will be only for the SVN only.

Greetz
kroko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom