[Plugin] [CLOSED] WOL-PowerManager (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [Plugin] WOL-PowerManager

Hi together,
the new version has been released more than a week ago and no bugs have been reported. I think it's time to launch this version as a stable starting from now and give also other users the possibility to use this.

But if you recogneize a bug please don't hesitate to post a report here.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    can i wake up a networked PC with this without running MP on my awake PC via the internet using my iphone

lol..long question sry

jojo1411

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'm not sure if I understood you right, but if you plan to wake up your PC over your Iphone then this is not the right Plugin for you. You would need an app or at least a webinterface - both is not supported.

For general use of this plugin you would need a Client on which MediaPortal is installed (Iphone can't run MediaPortal), to use this plugin. And a Server, which supoorts WakeOnLan Magic-packets for further informations have a look at our Wiki.

If I didn't answer your question, please try to make your question easier to understand ;)

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi everyone,
    we've just finished the new version of this plugin. We added the support of manually waking up your server from the Mediaportal GUI. We think it's a good option to give the user not only the already implemented automatical variant, but also a manual way to wake one of the configured servers.
    As already one User reported, his system needs more than the default 20 seconds to start up. He has got everytime a error message that the server couldn't be waked up. Now we made this variable, so that you can set it by yourself to the period of time you want to.

We hope you welcome these changes. As this version is not yet copious tested, it will be released only as a working beta. Until now it's only available at the google.code page and in this thread. MPEI will maybe come latere.

Have fun
    Seppi2204

Attachments

• WOLPowerManager.mpe1
      120.8 KB

wijnand

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, First off all thanks for this brilliant piece of software. I'm trying to wake my mediaportal server pc with this plugin. But I can't find a proper plugin or action to do this. Any suggestions? The MPclient is waiting in it's MPbootscreen until the server got ready, but the server isn't getting a wakup signal.
    Cheers,

Wijnand

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi winjand,
    glad to see, that you like this plugin.
    I'm not really sure if I understood you right, what are you supposed to do?

Do you want to wake up your Server before Mediaportal has started?
    You could manage this easily with a batch script and the WOL.exe tool. Available here

The batch should look similar to this:
    Code:
    wol [MAC ADRESS OF YOUR SERVER]
    "C:\Program Files(x86\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Mediaportal.exe"

Then you can make a Shortcut to this .bat file and place it anywhere you like. It should first wake-up your server and start accordingly Mediaportal.

Hope this answered your question, if not please try to phrase it again.

wijnand

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi seppi2204,

Thanks for the quick reply,
    What I wanted to do is automaticly wakeup the server when the MPclient starts. I shall look into your suggestion.
    Thanks,

Wijnand

seppi2204

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2010
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Following instructions should solve your issue:

Solution 1:
    If the MPClient is starting from powered-off State:
    -> Create the batch file, described in my last post
    -> Make a shortcut and put into the Windows Autostart

If the MPClient is starting from Standby (S3):
    -> Create the batch file, described in my last post
    -> Create a new windows task which starts each time when the Client wakes up and set as task to run the batch script

Solution 2:
    Download Sync-MP https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/tool-syncmp-84344/ and run it (it's useful to put it into the autostart; you just need SyncClient!)
    Set up your WOL like described in the Wiki of my tool. And Set the Standby Mode in the "Settings" tab. After Setting it up it should recognize If the State Changes and send a WOL Package to your Server.

I hope this works if not please let me know. Especially if Solution 2 would not work i would be glad to know about it and to fix this ;)

wijnand

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm.. I don't want to go too much into code... Isn't it just possible to add functionality to the powermanager to do this kind of trick?
    It can launch the wake-up call when entering a plugin, so why not when entering MP? I rather stay in the environment of MP than add custom code or tweaks.

Regards,

Wijnand

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom