[Plugin] [CLOSED] WOL-PowerManager (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [Plugin] WOL-PowerManager

Hi.
Today we would like to present you a new update for the WOL-PowerManager. You can download the new version (0.2.2.0) on the first post.

We implemented the feature, which Scrounger has requested few weeks ago. Now we need your and the skin designers help to build skin files for the maintained skins. We already made a first skin file for StreamedMP, which is an inofficial version and not made by the official designer of this skin. We hope he will make a new and better one ;-)

Changelog:
* added: Servermonitor - shows Online/Offline state of your servers on supported skins.

Here are the skin files and two first screenshots, as well as a readme.txt which should be read by Users AND Skinners:

Attachments

• 1Server Screenshot.jpg
    1Server Screenshot.jpg
    124.3 KB
  • 2Server Screenshot.jpg
    2Server Screenshot.jpg
    164.7 KB
  • WOLPowerManager_StreamedMP.zip
    38 KB

Bodlak

Portal Member
November 24, 2005
Czech Republic
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Good day. If you fall sleep PC with MediaPortal and wakeup the already-PowerManager WOL plugin does not work. Plug Power Control always works.

Steffen78

Portal Member
January 16, 2008

Hallo,

bei mir funktionierts auch nicht.

Jetzt hab ich festgestellt, wenn ich mit dem Programm WOL.exe ein Paket sende mit IP-Ädresse bekomme ich eine Fehlermeldung. Senke ich das Paket ohne IP, also nur die MAC, dann funktionierts.

Kann das auch hier das Problem sein? Also den Powermanager so einstellen, das nur die MAC als Broadcast gesendet wird.

Danke

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hallo,

bei mir funktionierts auch nicht.

Jetzt hab ich festgestellt, wenn ich mit dem Programm WOL.exe ein Paket sende mit IP-Ädresse bekomme ich eine Fehlermeldung. Senke ich das Paket ohne IP, also nur die MAC, dann funktionierts.

Kann das auch hier das Problem sein? Also den Powermanager so einstellen, das nur die MAC als Broadcast gesendet wird.

Danke

Hi Steffen78,
could you please provide some more informations:
- Which OS do you use?
- Did you follow the wiki on the Google code page?
- Please post the Mediaportal.log after a WOL command failed

And please consider that this is the english forum!

Steffen78

Portal Member
January 16, 2008

Hallo,

I takes Win7 on Client and Server

Yes, I follow the wiki and with wol.exe works it, but only without the ip adress in the command. When I takes the Broadcast it runs

Sorry, my English is not so good.

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hallo,

I takes Win7 on Client and Server

Yes, I follow the wiki and with wol.exe works it, but only without the ip adress in the command. When I takes the Broadcast it runs

Sorry, my English is not so good.

Hi,
probably your Win7 Firewall causes this error. The default settings block every ICMP echo request and this causes your error.

So you have to disable the whole Win7 Firewall or follow the instructions which are described here:
Allow Pings (ICMP Echo Request) Through Your Windows Vista Firewall - How-To Geek

-----
German:
Hi,
Also der Fehler kommt wahrscheinlich von deiner Win7 Firewall. Standardmäßig blockt die alle echo-Anfragen (ping-Anfragen). Das wird vor jedem WOL ausgeführt.

Du musst entweder die gesamte Windows 7 Firewall ausschalten oder aber eine Ausnahme für das ICMP Protokoll einstellen. Dazu folge den Anweisungen unter diesem Link:
Allow Pings (ICMP Echo Request) Through Your Windows Vista Firewall - How-To Geek

Viel Erfolg

Steffen78

Portal Member
January 16, 2008

Hi,

that was my first idea, but nothing change when I take the firewall off

File server can not respond to ping, it sleep and therefore has no IP address.

I think so too.

The cammand must sended without the IP or with the Broadcast

With WOL.exe runs and I can ping the Server

Thank for the help

Bodlak

Portal Member
November 24, 2005
Czech Republic
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Problem solved. seppi2204 advised Go To C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts - write IP and server name - then WOL always work. Many thanks for seppi2204.

Steffen78

Portal Member
January 16, 2008
AW: Re: [Plugin] WOL-PowerManager

Hi, many thanks seppi22042, Bodlak and jojo1411.

It works perfect

Problem solved. seppi22042 advised Go To C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts - write IP and server name - then WOL always work. Many thanks for seppi22042.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom