Plugin doesn't appear in MP 1.3RC (1 Viewer)

forza11

Portal Member
September 26, 2010
i just did a clean install to 1.3RC but the Moving Pictures plugin doesnt appear in media portal. I configured it via the config panel but i can't see it in the GUI. i switched to all available skins en switched it to home/plugins, but the Moving Pictures button just doesnt appear. Any idea what to do?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you install Titan Extended? This is needed for Moving Pictures support.

And please post logs so we can figure out what's going on.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You may also have to select the movie plugin Titan shows on the home screen. In MP, Settings/GUI/Skin

vencis

March 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    We have similar problem. When we trying to install this plugin - the installer told me "Quit media portal before continue installing" evenif I have not opened...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We have similar problem. When we trying to install this plugin - the installer told me "Quit media portal before continue installing" evenif I have not opened...
    Very rarely the system might think MediaPortal is still running, when it's already closed. Just try to run the installer again and install the plugin again.
    If it still doesn't work -> post logs.

vencis

March 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Very rarely the system might think MediaPortal is still running, when it's already closed. Just try to run the installer again and install the plugin again.
    If it still doesn't work -> post logs.

OK, I will try it and if it is not working I will post a log. Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There is a known issue with the existing MPE1 file that if you have ACL enabled (default for Vista/Win7/Win8) and you install the MPE1 via MPEI (or Extensions plugin), that you will get this error, because the embedded EXE installer is not elevated to overcome the ACL limitations.

Disable ACL or install the MPE1 manually by directly executing it and problem is solved.

It will be fixed in next release.

vencis

March 4, 2010
    Home Country
    There is a known issue with the existing MPE1 file that if you have ACL enabled (default for Vista/Win7/Win8) and you install the MPE1 via MPEI (or Extensions plugin), that you will get this error, because the embedded EXE installer is not elevated to overcome the ACL limitations.

Disable ACL or install the MPE1 manually by directly executing it and problem is solved.

It will be fixed in next release.

Yep, this one help. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom