[Plugin] DVDArt - All artwork for MovingPictures, MyFilms, TVSeries, Music & more!!! (2 Viewers)

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I added the DVD cover in Black Glass Nova skin, to install just replace the original movingpictures.details.xml with the one from this post.

MediaPortal - Moving Pictures_2012-10-02_17-33-57.jpg

Attachments

• movingpictures.details.xml
      15.9 KB

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I know the plugin is called DVDArt but is there any chance you are considering including Music CDArt also?
    It would be great if there was an all in one solution for fanart.tv content, Movie, TV & Music. Diebagger created one for TV clearART some time ago however there is still nothing for music that I know of and both of these only really focus on one element from the range of content on the site.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I know the plugin is called DVDArt but is there any chance you are considering including Music CDArt also?
    It would be great if there was an all in one solution for fanart.tv content, Movie, TV & Music. Diebagger created one for TV clearART some time ago however there is still nothing for music that I know of and both of these only really focus on one element from the range of content on the site.

I too hope mercury considers a adding music to this plugin.

with so many different artworks available now for all media types, besides fanart and coverart we now have various support cropping up for cdart, dvdart, clear arts, clear logos all for music, tv and movies, what we really need is one universal artwork downloader that supports all the different artworks for all media types.

Currently we have a bunch of plugins and scripts scattered about over the forums for some of these but an all in one solution would be ideal.

It's a big task though I'm sure, if only I had the knowledge :)

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta

I too hope mercury considers a adding music to this plugin.

with so many different artworks available now for all media types, besides fanart and coverart we now have various support cropping up for cdart, dvdart, clear arts, clear logos all for music, tv and movies, what we really need is one universal artwork downloader that supports all the different artworks for all media types.

Currently we have a bunch of plugins and scripts scattered about over the forums for some of these but an all in one solution would be ideal.

It's a big task though I'm sure, if only I had the knowledge :)

Shangostar/redeye19987, I will try my best. At the moment am working on adding ClearArt and ClearLogo scraping. Then I will consider Music and TVSeries, but I need some time....;)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    I guess we could give you a few hours :)

Nice one, I was just looking at fanart.tv and the amount of different artworks now is amazing, if you had all the artworks for a movie it would probably take up more hdd space than the movie itself lol.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I guess we could give you a few hours :)

Nice one, I was just looking at fanart.tv and the amount of different artworks now is amazing, if you had all the artworks for a movie it would probably take up more hdd space than the movie itself lol.

Yes true, but that is if you download multiples. This scraper only allows 1 image for DVDArt and in the enhancement for ClearArt and ClearLogo. Multiple images are only downloaded in thumb size (200x200) for selection, and these aren't even saved on HDD.

redeye19987

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2009
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Shangostar/redeye19987, I will try my best. At the moment am working on adding ClearArt and ClearLogo scraping. Then I will consider Music and TVSeries, but I need some time....;)
    If the end result is an all in one solution, take the time you need! I think that there will be a lot of happy people if this could eventually be realised.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @m3rcury - I think I can code the image processing of combing either a movie poster or fanart background with a disc mask to create a disc image, using a freeware commandline interface program called imagemagick. If you would be interested in adding this function let me know. What I would require from you is for your scraper to download a poster or dvd image then run the .bat file that I would create, the .bat file would then create the disc image using imagemagick.

If you decided to implement this I would suggest the following
    1. If possible provide imagemagick with a dvd poster that is different to the one currently being displayed by Moving Pictures. Moving pictures by default downloads 3 dvd posters, so this shouldn't be an issue.
    2. If you use imagemagick to create a disc image, then that movie is marked in your scrapers database, future scrapes recheck fanart.tv for a disc image, and if one is available then the imagemagick disc image is overwritten with one provided by fanart.tv

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    @m3rcury - I think I can code the image processing of combing either a movie poster or fanart background with a disc mask to create a disc image, using a freeware commandline interface program called imagemagick. If you would be interested in adding this function let me know. What I would require from you is for your scraper to download a poster or dvd image then run the .bat file that I would create, the .bat file would then create the disc image using imagemagick.

If you decided to implement this I would suggest the following
    1. If possible provide imagemagick with a dvd poster that is different to the one currently being displayed by Moving Pictures. Moving pictures by default downloads 3 dvd posters, so this shouldn't be an issue.
    2. If you use imagemagick to create a disc image, then that movie is marked in your scrapers database, future scrapes recheck fanart.tv for a disc image, and if one is available then the imagemagick disc image is overwritten with one provided by fanart.tv

Let me know what you think.

Would the end result be any different to adding a bit of code in the skin file and a mask over an existing fanart or dvd cover? Isn't that what you suggested on the previous page?
    I'm sure i've seen this done with music on one of the skins I have installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom