[Plugin] DVDArt - All artwork for MovingPictures, MyFilms, TVSeries, Music & more!!! (3 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    it would be different in 2 ways
    1. can't rotate/animate image (I think I read in the first post it's possible to do animated rotating images).
    2. not 100% sure, but i think that masking within the skin can't do some of the effects. I'd say it's 95% as good.

But yeah, is definitely a good alternative option

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also I guess the more that is done in the plugin means less changes for the skin developers which is obviously better.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    yeah that is also true, the skin would need to have some kind of 'if' statement to choose which image to display, although you might get away with plastering one directly on top of the other.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I tried this plugin and it works as expected. Nice work!

One thing I really miss, is all the info of the movie is gone (at least in streamedMP). I can't see any rating, duration and description anymore, when in list view. Is it possible to get everything at once? Without pressing ok to get the movie details?

Thx for your time!

Last edited:

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi,

One thing I really miss, is all the info of the movie is gone (at least in streamedMP). I can't see any rating, duration and description anymore, when in list view. Is it possible to get everything at once? Without pressing ok to get the movie details?

Thx for your time!

CypherMK, have a look here for StreamedMP MOD (and if you install the MOD, full details will show when you press ENTER on a movie) and here for another one of my plugins.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Thx for your time!

CypherMK, have a look here for StreamedMP MOD (and if you install the MOD, full details will show when you press ENTER on a movie) and here for another one of my plugins.

So there is no way to see the details, or at least some, with the rotating disc? I guess it may look messy?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    So there is no way to see the details, or at least some, with the rotating disc? I guess it may look messy?

CypherMK, what I suggest is that you keep your original movingpictures.fanart.listview.xml and only add the MOD part for the rotating disc to the original file. In case of StreamedMP, it is at the very top.

Give it a try and then maybe play around with stuff to see how it looks.

Last edited:

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

CypherMK, what I suggest is that you keep your original movingpictures.fanart.listview.xml and only add the MOD part for the rotating disc to the original file. In case of StreamedMP, it is at the very top.

Give it a try and then maybe play around with stuff to see how it looks.

Ok, I gave it a shot. Never did xml editing. And the first attempt looks ok. But when I have a white DVD cover it is almost impossible to read (see attached picture).

Can I make the description of the movie less wide and move the list of my movies a bit more to the right side?

Attachments

• 22-39-39.png
      22-39-39.png
      2.3 MB
    • movingpictures.fanart.listview.xml
      8.9 KB

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I made some modifications myself and it looks like this now. xml is attached if someone is interested!

Attachments

• 23-02-19.png
      23-02-19.png
      1.5 MB
      8.9 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    I made some modifications myself and it looks like this now. xml is attached if someone is interested!

CypherMK, good try. To move the list entails modifying other xmls with other dependent ones, so for now better leave as is. Am not saying it cannot be done...

I note that in movingpictures.fanart.listview.xml you have a section which is in duplicate. Am attaching your last xml corrected.

Attachments

8.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom