[Plugin] EPG Cleaner & Schedule Repair (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's what I meant by deprecated. :)
    ...but it's good to have a precise date. I don't think NZ has confirmed a date yet, and the UK are in the process of choosing a date at the moment.

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for the info @mm1352000 and @MadibaJ.

So MHEG5's a confirmed lost cause and yet it's barely touched the ground here. Makes you wonder why they bothered.
    It appears that EIT will be kept for now as a 'legacy' format.

http://www.freeview.com.au/about-us/news-press-releases/freeview-announcement-sunset-mheg/

I must read more about hbbTV's epg data format, I'm guessing it's exclusively internet based and won't be available OTA.
    I came across some services which apparently aggregate hbbTV epg data and inject it into EIT tables using the Now/Next info for 'real time' scheduling adjustments.
    Interesting... but I rather hope the full data set of hbbTV epg is accessible OTA.

Ever more to learn...

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I must read more about hbbTV's epg data format, I'm guessing it's exclusively internet based and won't be available OTA.
    AFAIK HbbTv uses EIT. That's certainly been the case here. They had to add a full EIT data set as part of the HbbTv implementation/deployment.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think a generic xmltv -> xmltv 'cleaner' might be a useful tool to have, if it doesn't exist already.
    Perhaps even a cleaned xmltv output of DVB data could be useful.
    This would be virtually a whole new plugin, though could possibly share some gui code from EPGCleaner.
    Added to prospective todo list...
    Perhaps you could ask @lightshock who is the creator of E2T to contribute to this project ;-)

MadibaJ

Portal Member
    January 22, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The Mheg5 stream seems to be clean again, no cleaning needed since my first run. I'm experimenting with running EPGCollector every 45 mins between 7-11 which is when I record the majority of shows and where the schedule changes normally occur. So far no repairs needed.

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ... So far no repairs needed.

I should perhaps clarify that the both the Schedule Repair function and EPG Cleaner rely on an event notification from the DVB grabber that new data is received.
    So if not using DVB as a data source, neither will work unfortunately.[DOUBLEPOST=1457659170][/DOUBLEPOST]Update: Version 1.0.1.0 (2016-03-11)

First up, my apologies for the extended delay.
    I've had very little free time recently but have completed organising the source for this plugin.
    This involved merging .NET35/.NET40 branches into a single code base, writing build scripts, checking over every line of code for possible issues/improvements, adding headers and just organising everything into a manageable project structure.

This release incorporates all of these background improvements, some small bug fixes in the GUI and a rework of the EPG pre-processing routine.

Downloads available in the first post and plugin repository.

Last edited:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Thanks again for this excellent plugin, working well here

I have just started to use DVB-S as the reception from DVB-T @ Crystal Palace has disappeared where I live (been 75%+ signal for last three years and now almost nothing)

I see from a previous post your plugin awaits a signal from the EPG grabber.

I am now using the https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/djblus-custom-sky-data-grabber-for-mp1-9-onwards.127825/ SKY UK EPG plugin.

Is it possible to parse the SKY grabber output through your plugin.

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is it possible to parse the SKY grabber output through your plugin.

I'm not familiar with the SKY Grabber plugin but it appears from the source code that it passes the import task to MP's EpgDBUpdater under normal circumstances.
    If that is the case then it should work with EPGCleaner without issues.

I don't have the hardware to test anything satellite related here, but if you find a line similar to this:

..."Sky TV EPG Updater: ChannelName lastUpdate:30/03/2016 12:00:00 PM"

...in your epg log: "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log\epg.log" ...that should confirm my assumptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom