[Plugin] EPG Cleaner & Schedule Repair (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Thanks for the reply.

I have attached the logs of the Sky grab, they are in SetupTV.log.

I can't see that the Sky grab causes the EpgDBupdater to invoke your plugin.

The logs may help or not.

Thanks again

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK step 1 confirmed.
    These lines in your log indicate the EpgDBUpdater is handling the SKY Grabber plugin import:
    The OnImportEpgPrograms(epgChannel) event is triggered from there after each channel's insert, so EPG Cleaner should be catching that event.

Code:
    [2016-03-17 08:42:12,730] [EPG  ] [12  ] [INFO ] - Sky TV EPG Updater: BBC One NI HD lastUpdate:17/03/2016 07:52:29
    [2016-03-17 08:42:13,041] [EPG  ] [12  ] [INFO ] - - Inserted 181 epg entries for channel BBC One NI HD
    [2016-03-17 08:42:13,048] [EPG  ] [12  ] [INFO ] - Sky TV EPG Updater: TVC News +1 lastUpdate:17/03/2016 07:52:40
    [2016-03-17 08:42:13,660] [EPG  ] [12  ] [INFO ] - - Inserted 362 epg entries for channel TVC News +1

I have a suspicion what may be happening but will need to knock up a dummy Sky grabber plugin to test some things.
    In the mean time the EPG Cleaner logs would help shed some light on what is happening at EPG Cleaner's end.

Could you perform the following test routine when you have time:
    1. Enable the EPG Cleaner Debug log: EPG Cleaner settings -> logging tab page -> top right checkbox.
    2. Run the SKY UK Grabber manually from it's setup page in TV-Server Config.
    3. When finished, schedule the SKY UK Grabber to run automatically 1 min later than current time.
    4. When above is complete, zip all the files/folders in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log\" and attach the zip along with the MediaPortalLogs.

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    So, good and bad news and no need for logs or further testing.

The SKY UK Grabber is not triggering the OnImportEpgPrograms event due to a minor implementation detail.
    This is easy to fix for the scheduled grabber but won't work for the manual grab function in SetupTV unless more significant refactoring is done.
    Happy to provide more details but it will descend into technobabble. :sick:

If someone can point me to the current source for v1.4.0.6 I can probably compile a patched build with the events issue fixed and manual grabbing disabled, but without DVB-S hardware to test on it's not appropriate for me to dive any further than that.

As it stands, SKY UK Grabber is not compatible with EPG Cleaner unfortunately.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    So, good and bad news and no need for logs or further testing.

The SKY UK Grabber is not triggering the OnImportEpgPrograms event due to a minor implementation detail.
    This is easy to fix for the scheduled grabber but won't work for the manual grab function in SetupTV unless more significant refactoring is done.
    Happy to provide more details but it will descend into technobabble. :sick:

If someone can point me to the current source for v1.4.0.6 I can probably compile a patched build with the events issue fixed and manual grabbing disabled, but without DVB-S hardware to test on it's not appropriate for me to dive any further than that.

As it stands, SKY UK Grabber is not compatible with EPG Cleaner unfortunately.

Would the 'OnImportEpgPrograms' not being trigered cause the Guide GUI not to re-populate with the red recording symbols for the schedules ?

Sorry to ask a question that isn't exactly connected with your excellent plugin but your knowledge is far greater than mine in this respect..

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Would the 'OnImportEpgPrograms' not being trigered cause the Guide GUI not to re-populate with the red recording symbols for the schedules ?

Most likely to be caused by program times becoming out of sync with schedule times after an EPG update.

The OnImportEpgPrograms event could have any number of subscribers.
    It appears from testing that there are no core MP functions or built in MP plugins that depend on that particular event type.
    (Based on MP 1.3.0 so may not be the case with more recent/future versions.)
    However, external EPG related plugins such as EPG Cleaner do/may depend on it in order to function.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Missing red dots in the EPG is a long-standing intermittent problem with MP1, but no one is quite sure what causes it. See the following thread for details; the problem described there may or may not be the same as your case:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...dings-not-always-highlighted-in-guide.128005/

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

MadibaJ

Portal Member
    January 22, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi there I'm really having a problem writing a reflex expression I can't seem to get it right. There's a kids show Curious George that always adds the title to the show I.e curios George and the ants.

How do I write the expression to remove everything after Curious George?

I've been trying :%s/Curious George.*/

Last edited:

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Missing red dots in the EPG is a long-standing intermittent problem with MP1...

Those issues should be resolved by the Schedule Repair component of EPG Cleaner.
    I've not encountered them since using the plugin myself.
    In SciDoctor's case EPG Cleaner isn't working for the channels grabbed by Sky UK plugin because of a compatibility issue.

How do I write the expression to remove everything after Curious George?

This should work for that one @MadibaJ: (?<=Curious George).*

With Move To Description option, the sub-title "And The Ants" will prefix the description text.
    I haven't found a way to remove the sub-title and also move the whole title to the description.
    If that's the desired result I may need to add a Copy To Description option.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Those issues should be resolved by the Schedule Repair component of EPG Cleaner.
    I have not yet tried "EPG Cleaner", so it may solve the problem. But the long-standing issue of the missing red dots is not related to programme titles having unwanted decoration (such as "New: ", which is becoming more common on the UK).

On my system, the red dots mostly go missing when the HTPC is in the middle of performing an EPG grab from a DVB-T/T2 channel. The suspicion is that the rate of SQL updates is so great that on weak systems it exposes a timing issue -- the SQL query for the red-dot programmes times out, causing the red dots to go missing (but not for all programmes -- only some). Later, when the EPG grab is finished, all red dots will be present and correct.

I have not used satellite, so SciDoctor's case may have a completely different cause.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom